• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shadow #1 Thoughts?

21 posts in this topic

I missed this one because I spent way too much time scatching my chin and looking it over. Assuming the seller is correct about the white pages, what do you think? Is it trimmed or mis-wrapped? How much does the mis-wrap hurt a grade, if at all?

shadow1.jpg

The pic really pops, but Kaluta's signature on the cover is cut off, as are the "DC" circle and price circle. I've seen the tops of these circles cut off, but never an edge. But I've also never seen a copy with the white bar down the left side either. Not saying it's rare, just that I don't recall ever heving seen one.

The pic really pops, but Kaluta's signature on the cover is cut off, as are the "DC" circle and price circle. I've seen the tops of these circles cut off, but never an edge. But I've also never seen a copy with the white bar down the left side either. Not saying it's rare, just that I don't recall ever heving seen one.

I've seen some Kirby books from this era that had the same issue. Don't think it's trimmed.

Forgot to ask, aside from the fact it's a pic rather than a scan, why don't you like to hazard a guess?

Can't see the back to ascertain if there are any issues. Trust me, I've bought books off ebay where the front looked NM+, but the back brought the book down to NM- or VF/NM.

Forgot to ask, aside from the fact it's a pic rather than a scan, why don't you like to hazard a guess?

because I cant see the book in close detail. Cant see the edges, the cover if there is any wear. I cant see anything that might be going on along the edge. I also cant see the bc.

Case in point. Im pulling some books for a submission. I pulled a Thor 202 or something like it. Maybe a 198. Book looks 9.4/6 but when i turn it, i see an edge crease. Very light, very small, but there and it oh so slightly breaks color. 9.4 say hello to 8.5 in a damn hurry.

So, that is why I cant do more than hazard a guess.

Arex

Thank you all for the input!

I was giving the seller the benefit of the doubt (risky at best) and using the scan to back it up instead of taking the scan as the best evidence. It's described as NM+ and the photo is added to back it up.

My thinking was this: Sharp corners, a clean white edge with no obvious damage to the spine, bright colors, and a seller that I feel is trustworthy. I was thinking 9.4-9.6, but given what I've read here, I'm not kicking myself as much as I was.

Also, if all fairness, I left out the info the seller had added.

Thanks again!

Thank you all for the input!

I was giving the seller the benefit of the doubt (risky at best) and using the scan to back it up instead of taking the scan as the best evidence. It's described as NM+ and the photo is added to back it up.

My thinking was this: Sharp corners, a clean white edge with no obvious damage to the spine, bright colors, and a seller that I feel is trustworthy. I was thinking 9.4-9.6, but given what I've read here, I'm not kicking myself as much as I was.

Also, if all fairness, I left out the info the seller had added.

Thanks again!

Who is the seller :baiting:

pm if necessary

as already mentioned, the Pic doesn't bring the book into proper focus and , of course, there is no BC scan. having said that, it looks to be at least a 9.0 and maybe up to a 9.4...........don't think the miswrap will affect the grade........... :wishluck: