• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Affordable Spidey OA

44 posts in this topic

Does this even exist? (shrug)

I've been informed by my wife that I need to begin getting some ideas for Christmas gifts- both the in-laws and she like to get started well in advance. :) Anyhow, I was thinking for a little change of pace, I might ask for a piece of OA instead of a nice SA book.

Anyhow, I was just wondering 1. if it's even possible to buy a piece of Spidey OA between $100-$150 and 2. what sort would be available in this range? Thanks!

Sure - it's out there.

Look for a nice panel page. If you find a splash in that price range it's a steal.

Chances are you won't find any big fight scene – but you should be able to find something with Spidey in costume.

And don't expect to get something by Ditko, Romita (either one of them), etc. You'll need to look for something by a less-desirable artist.

Try a search on eBay. There's always something there. Right now there's a decent page of Spidey fighting the Lizard with a BIN of $159. (Not my auction.)

From there try the dealers' sites. You can get an Ultimate Spidey page by Bagley for under $200. If you look, there are pages with Spidey in costume starting at about $125.

All you have to do is look. There's this wonderful thing called the "internets" now – makes things really easy. ;)

On Joe Sinnott's site he is selling some of the daily and sunday strips of Spider-man that he has inked. Not a panel page from a comic book, but some Spidey art nonetheless.

There you go . . . you must have posted this as I was typing my response. ;)

Yeah, I didn't really think one of the biggies (Ditko, JRSR, Kane, etc, etc) would be available- I've seen what some of those go for! I've been hunting around a little bit on Comicartfan.com, but haven't had any positive hits just yet. I'll definitely take a look at Joe Sinnott's site- comic strip art would be cool too.

Any other ideas definitely welcome!

If you can live without Spidey in costume I've got several Bagley pages, some non action some action without Spidey in costume (ie Peter Parker) If you'd be interested in that sort of thing let me know and I'll do some scanning

Thanks,

Dave Hennen

Indeed....

I need to do a little more work on some texual analysis and my next break will be spent in your eBay store ;)

And oh yeah... not quite OA, but it's a signed print by Frenz that I won from Catskill Comics for only $2.99

SignedBlackASMPrint.jpg

Look into getting some Ultimate Spidey art. As others have said, you can get a nice one for under $200. I picked this up at Heroes for $120:

IMG_0300.jpg

Granted, it's not Ditko or Romita or McFarlane, but I'll never be able to afford one of those anyway.