• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Artists info needed

14 posts in this topic

Does anyone have contact information for Russ Heath or Sam Glanzman? I would like to inquire about commissions from them.

If this forum is not the correct place to post PLMK for the future.

Best,

Lee

It copies and pastes fine, I need to make it an active link I guess.

I was discussing Heath (via e-mail) with a collector friend, earlier today. My friend tells me that Tom Horvitz (American dealer) is sitting on several full-color cover re-creations by Russ. Might be worth pursuing?

Good to see you appear to be a fan. I have three of Russ's original covers. Here's one:

4u4ann8.jpg

It copies and pastes fine, I need to make it an active link I guess.

I was discussing Heath (via e-mail) with a collector friend, earlier today. My friend tells me that Tom Horvitz (American dealer) is sitting on several full-color cover re-creations by Russ. Might be worth pursuing?

Good to see you appear to be a fan. I have three of Russ's original covers. Here's one:

4u4ann8.jpg

This is weird.....did you post this earlier? I've got the nastiest sense of deja vu....

Isaw the cover posted on your Gallery before, it is incredible. I have been working my way through the DC Showcase of Star Spangled War Stories. Great fun, a couple of hundred pages of army men versus dinosaurs, not a bad way to spend a few hours reading every now and then.

Sam Glanzman is represented by Larry Shell (Sheltone on eBay). He just put up four complete Glanzman war stories to raise funds for one of Sam's friends who is ill.

Russ is represented by Steve Wyatt - swyatt@super-con.com. Steve's computer has been in the shop so don't worry if it takes him a bit to get back to you. If he doesn't respond, I'll be glad to relay any message. Russ is doing some damn nice work. Best, Steve Morger.

As long as we were on the subject of Russ Heath (very underrated, even by War Comics Fans) I thought I would share this (6 pg.) story by Russ Heath from my CAF Gallery.

***WARNING*** This is not his usual subject matter (also not for the faint of heart).

http://qurls.com?i=3051

Hope everyone enjoys.

This is weird.....did you post this earlier? I've got the nastiest sense of deja vu....

No, you're not losing your marbles, I did post something similar - then decided to delete.

As I'd actually posted the image of the Heath cover on several previous threads, it occurred to me that people might be getting fed-up seeing this cropping up from time to time!

Then I had a re-think, and decided to re-instate my post - on the basis that there are younger collectors on the board who may be unfamiliar with older types of comic-book art. Not everyone wants to explore links we provide - so posting an image does, at least, provide pictorial reference to the artist in question.

No, you're not losing your marbles, I did post something similar - then decided to delete.

As I'd actually posted the image of the Heath cover on several previous threads, it occurred to me that people might be getting fed-up seeing this cropping up from time to time!

Then I had a re-think, and decided to re-instate my post - on the basis that there are younger collectors on the board who may be unfamiliar with older types of comic-book art. Not everyone wants to explore links we provide - so posting an image does, at least, provide pictorial reference to the artist in question.

It was a first for me to see the Heath cover, it's a beaut!

As for younger readers, well....that would be me! This is a pic of me headed out to the last show I attended!

babycap.jpg

It was a first for me to see the Heath cover, it's a beaut!

As for younger readers, well....that would be me! This is a pic of me headed out to the last show I attended!

babycap.jpg

Thanks. :D

Hey, sonny, you got an older sister? :grin: