• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gotta Love when you get shilled

10 posts in this topic

Easy one, my friend...this falls into the scenario of driving up the bid and "accidentally" winning in the end. The seller can easily approach the seller offline or thru eBay and offer them this easy to find set of Supergirl for the high bid. Sometimes one gets real greedy, despite the reserve having been met - also maybe was attempting to start off a characteristic "pas de deux" to see who had the bigger wallet between two insufficiently_thoughtful_person bidders that we are often privy to on eBay.

Easy one, my friend...this falls into the scenario of driving up the bid and "accidentally" winning in the end. The seller can easily approach the seller offline or thru eBay and offer them this easy to find set of Supergirl for the high bid. Sometimes one gets real greedy, despite the reserve having been met - also maybe was attempting to start off a characteristic "pas de deux" to see who had the bigger wallet between two insufficiently_thoughtful_person bidders that we are often privy to on eBay.
Plus...the bidder had no feedback but the previous auction read: "IMPORTANT: DO NOT BID IF YOU HAVE NO FEEDBACK, OR MANY NEGATIVES." 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It isn't too obvious...sad thing is I saked seller for a scan and he sent it right away...maybe I should just retract my bid all together; I'm sure I'll ge tthe inevitable spam email - "I have another copy to offer you for your high bid" BS tongue.gif

Fokkers...

It looks a little fishy I agree! But on the positive side you dont win this auction and he does spam you the email and you always can counter with a 20.00 dollar offering since it would now be a off line deal.A little tat for tat here if that happens.

Davidking623