• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Lantern Collecting Thread.
6 6

1,532 posts in this topic

Been awhile since anybody has posted new buys. I just received this one from C-link. Does anyone think this book was a little undergraded? I did not notice any defects on the backcover. (shrug)

4401616724_3c0dac6ff4_o.jpg

Looks like a solid 8.5 to me. ;)

I would check with the graders' notes to see whether anyone gave it a 9.2 on the first go round. If yes, crack it, pancake it, and resub it. :devil:

FYI, if it was submitted with an Economy Tier they no longer keep grader's notes.

I see a small corner abrasion bottom left,some spine ticks, and a little stress at the staples. I wouldn't press for fear of damaging those staple stresses, it may cause damage. Maybe a 9.2 on a straight resub but probably not worth it. Just enjoy the tremendous eye of this gorgeous 9.0 .

That book looks absolutely terrible. It may be a technical 9.4 but it has no eye appeal.

It looks so FLAT....another one of them flippers.

Nope. I sold my copy via a PM offer from another boardie. (thumbs u

You must did quite well... :applause:. I think this copy should do okay, but would have done better late last year.

I will have to stay content with this copy (bought as a FN-) that just came in for now. If only it did not have the back edge chipping. :frustrated: However, at the price I paid it is definitely worth it. :devil:

GreenLantern7.jpg

GreenLantern7bc.jpg

Edited by kimik

That book looks absolutely terrible. It may be a technical 9.4 but it has no eye appeal.

Hopefully the consignor will do as well as the consignor of the MC SC 22 that went from a 8.0 to 8.5.

Unfortunately, the jump from 9.2 to 9.4 is more significant than 8.0 to 8.5, so the seller will undoubtedly do very well. :(

Nope. I sold my copy via a PM offer from another boardie. (thumbs u

You must did quite well... :applause:. I think this copy should do okay, but would have done better late last year.

I will have to stay content with this copy (bought as a FN-) that just came in for now. If only it did not have the back edge chipping. :frustrated: However, at the price I paid it is definitely worth it. :devil:

GreenLantern7.jpg

GreenLantern7bc.jpg

That's a small edge chipping. I wouldn't complain too much...looks a lot better than a FN-. Since you bought it low, then thumbs up. (thumbs u

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Great books in this thread guys. I've often contemplated put together a SA run of GL, but other comics now command my focus. One grail for me though would be the OA for this one.

94428.jpg.c59720b44c1d31207c58b1ddfbd54a54.jpg

Just got this in yesterday, courtesy of Comix4fun (Chris).....Best book in my collection.....as of now :devil:

GL1FrontCover.jpg

Congrats and nice PQ!!! :applause:

It is definitely a beauty, though I think you might have been cheated out of an extra 0.5 points. It's been frustrating, though at the same time a relief of sorts, to passively watch as others have been so actively continuing to add great books one after the other to their collections while I took last year off. It is good to be back, however. You have no idea how hard it was to abstain when it seemed like there were so many amazing books added to the CGC census in 2009.

BTW, hi Tim.

Just got this in yesterday, courtesy of Comix4fun (Chris).....Best book in my collection.....as of now :devil:

GL1FrontCover.jpg

Congrats and nice PQ!!! :applause:

+1 - Congrats on the nice pick up! (thumbs u

It's been frustrating, though at the same time a relief of sorts, to passively watch as others have been so actively continuing to add great books one after the other to their collections while I took last year off.

Well, you did acquire some mighty fine GLs in the interim!

BTW, hi Tim.

Hi John! :hi:

Looking at this 7.0 makes me wonder where all of the other 6.0 - 7.5 copies that were abundany last year have ended up. hm You would see 7.0 copies in every auction and on the bay, but the supply is downright pitiful right now.

Looking at this 7.0 makes me wonder where all of the other 6.0 - 7.5 copies that were abundany last year have ended up. hm You would see 7.0 copies in every auction and on the bay, but the supply is downright pitiful right now.

My copy is going no where. I guess we have some true GL fans and not flippers. I'm sure when the movie nears, copies will come out of the wood works.

My copy is going no where. I guess we have some true GL fans and not flippers. I'm sure when the movie nears, copies will come out of the wood works.

I'm not a flipper...yet. I LOVE GL but someone HAS to foot the bill on my new baby.

That's a great 7.0 posted up above !! Most people do not like the puppet cover.

I love it !!

:takeit:

:hi:

I'm not a flipper...yet. I LOVE GL but someone HAS to foot the bill on my new baby.

That's a great 7.0 posted up above !! Most people do not like the puppet cover.

I love it !!

:takeit:

:hi:

Yeah...we have to start thinking about kid's school, etc..there's goes the extra comic fund. :hi: