• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Lantern Collecting Thread.
6 6

1,530 posts in this topic

Green Lantern 1 CGC 9.4 up for sale at Heritage. I wonder what the hammer price will be. :makepoint:

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=7017&Lot_No=92193

$60k

I'll buy drinks for any boardie in HK if that happens. lol

I'll hold you to it. :baiting:

I buy drinks for any boardie that makes it to HK anyways. :gossip:

hm do they serve coke zero in HK (shrug)

Green Lantern 1 CGC 9.4 up for sale at Heritage. I wonder what the hammer price will be. :makepoint:

$60k

lol

$60k

Unfortunately, yes. All the fast food chains have quietly changed Coke Light (tastes much better than Diet Coke) to Coke Zero (tastes worse than Coke Light).

Hope you make it out here one of these days, Rick!

Tim's GL1 is on the back cover of Heritage auction catalog. :o

Didn't know that, that's pretty cool. One of the things that swung me to list it on Heritage over Clink was that Ed J promised it would get a full page spread in the catalog. Wasn't expecting it to get back cover exposure too.

Were you able to work out a deal beyond their usual commission? And did they make "suggestions" for your book?

Tim's GL1 is on the back cover of Heritage auction catalog. :o

Didn't know that, that's pretty cool. One of the things that swung me to list it on Heritage over Clink was that Ed J promised it would get a full page spread in the catalog. Wasn't expecting it to get back cover exposure too.

Were you able to work out a deal beyond their usual commission? And did they make "suggestions" for your book?

Can`t talk about terms. No, they never make any "suggestions" to me. They know me too well.

$60k

Unfortunately, yes. All the fast food chains have quietly changed Coke Light (tastes much better than Diet Coke) to Coke Zero (tastes worse than Coke Light).

it just might be worth the trip.... that is if you have any "good" comics to show

$60k

it just might be worth the trip.... that is if you have any "good" comics to show

The collection ain`t what it used to be. :sorry:

It will be interesting to see if the Rocky Mountain Collection GL run that Clink has scheduled for the March auction can hit the same type of highs that the Marvel books did last year in light of the current market.

It will be interesting to see if the Rocky Mountain Collection GL run that Clink has scheduled for the March auction can hit the same type of highs that the Marvel books did last year in light of the current market.

Not to be pessimistic...but this down market across almost all area, will not bold well for the Rocky Mountain GL's.

Not to be pessimistic...but this down market across almost all area, will not bold well for the Rocky Mountain GL's.

Well then it's a good thing I haven't bought anything for a while cuz I will be throwing some bids their way.

Well then it's a good thing I haven't bought anything for a while cuz I will be throwing some bids their way.

You go for it...whoever has extra $$...great time to buy. (thumbs u

Edited by showcase22gr1959

How far back do they go?

How far back do they go?

#15; and there isn't a 9.4 listed until #34. that run is ho hum at best.

How far back do they go?

zzz

Further illustration why the collection doesn't deserve pedigree status.

How far back do they go?

zzz

9.2's are not pedigree worthy? or the incompleteness of the DC's? (weren't the marvels back to 1?...)

How far back do they go?

zzz

9.2's are not pedigree worthy?

For a SA pedigree composed of post-1964 books, no.

or the incompleteness of the DC's? (weren't the marvels back to 1?...)

The Marvels aren't complete either, to my knowledge. If there are major Marvel keys in the collection, I'm not aware of them. The collection simply doesn't go back far enough.

How far back do they go?

zzz

9.2's are not pedigree worthy?

For a SA pedigree composed of post-1964 books, no.

or the incompleteness of the DC's? (weren't the marvels back to 1?...)

The Marvels aren't complete either, to my knowledge. If there are major Marvel keys in the collection, I'm not aware of them. The collection simply doesn't go back far enough.

I really didn't pay attention...sounds reasonable then