• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sweet Captain America page on Ebay

21 posts in this topic

You see, if you post these things when you are hoping to win the auction, you do nothing but bring competition to the game....I'm a watcher now! Romita did a formidable Skull there.

You see, if you post these things when you are hoping to win the auction, you do nothing but bring competition to the game....I'm a watcher now! Romita did a formidable Skull there.

This page is outside my collecting scope so I have no interest in it other than as a real nice page to point out. I never mention pages I am really interested in. :devil:

I used to own the art to that entire book - that was my favorite page in the whole lot. It was one I remembered vividly from when I read that book as a kid. Good luck to whoever gets it!

Can you tell us anything about the history of the art after it left your ownership? How much did you sell it for and to whom?

Isn't Brian Howard with Neatstuff?

Undeniably a nice page, and by a great artist. The only concern I have about pages like this -- especially considering what the final price will be -- is that you are not getting alot of Cap for your money.

But would nicely fill a collection where someone wants alot of Red Skull to balance out other nice shots of Cap. . . . .

I used to own the art to that entire book - that was my favorite page in the whole lot. It was one I remembered vividly from when I read that book as a kid. Good luck to whoever gets it!

Can you tell us anything about the history of the art after it left your ownership? How much did you sell it for and to whom?

Yeah, Chuck, can you give us your bank account and routing numbers while you are at it....and hey don't forget your SSN. (thumbs u

Yeah, Chuck, can you give us your bank account and routing numbers while you are at it....and hey don't forget your SSN. (thumbs u

Mother's maiden name?

Joking aside, like other collectors, I'm not a big fan of posting all the details of private details out to the public. I know a lot of people would like to know about every deal that goes on, but I usually like to keep private deals private (that's probably another thread in and of itself).

In this case, I can tell you that it was traded to another collector who did a deal with another collector who split up the book. Brian Howard must have picked up the page in San Diego as it was available for sale there. It's another example that vintage books are getting harder to keep complete as the prices rise. As far as I know, Cap #139 is the only Romita Cap book that is still complete now that this one has been broken up.

Joking aside, like other collectors, I'm not a big fan of posting all the details of private details out to the public. I know a lot of people would like to know about every deal that goes on, but I usually like to keep private deals private (that's probably another thread in and of itself).

In this case, I can tell you that it was traded to another collector who did a deal with another collector who split up the book. Brian Howard must have picked up the page in San Diego as it was available for sale there. It's another example that vintage books are getting harder to keep complete as the prices rise. As far as I know, Cap #139 is the only Romita Cap book that is still complete now that this one has been broken up.

Thanks for your candor.

I am still gonna need 2 forms of ID and a major credit card. :makepoint: