• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is anyone staying in touch with October (Andy)?

43 posts in this topic

You ever get pizza from the flying tomato? I ate there a lot in college way back in the late 80's.....should have been buying comics back then.....

Whatabout the San Antonio Taco Co? Still around?

SATCO is about 50 feet from the building where I have my classes. It's deceptively expensive, but the beer buckets are pretty cheap.

October (Andy)

Who? (shrug)

Early onset alzheimer's must be rough. :(

Guess I'll drown my sorrows by listening to country music. :eek:

It will be a cold day in hell before I buy a country CD.

I'm sure you've already downloaded Garth Brooks complete oeuvre. :luhv:

October (Andy)

Who? (shrug)

Well ... you know ... he posts on comics boards ... so he's got friends in low places for sure! :insane:

October (Andy)

Who? (shrug)

Well ... you know ... he posts on comics boards ... so he's got friends in low places for sure! :insane:

Didn't Garth do a variant persona thang too? Thats almost comic book like aint et?

:jokealert:

Cool, Edgefield Sportsbar is not far from downtown and it's a dark lil pub with cheap beer and two of the hottest waitresses in town! It's almost directly across the river from LP Field

I think I know where that is at. Near the Flying Saucer?

Gotta go. Talk later. (thumbs u

The Flying Saucer rocks! Tons of beers to choose from, and a crapload that are on tap. So did you get your name posted on the wall yet?

Andy, it sounds like you are putting way too much effort into your grad school studies. What Masters/PhD are you pursuing?

MBA. Everyone puts in this much work. We have group assignments for every class that have to be turned in, so it's either do them or fail. (shrug)

Believe me, if I had a choice I wouldn't do these kind of hours, but it's not that bad really. Overall I like it WAY better than law school, which was a lot less work. Much cooler people.

Cool, Edgefield Sportsbar is not far from downtown and it's a dark lil pub with cheap beer and two of the hottest waitresses in town! It's almost directly across the river from LP Field

I think I know where that is at. Near the Flying Saucer?

Gotta go. Talk later. (thumbs u

The Flying Saucer rocks! Tons of beers to choose from, and a crapload that are on tap. So did you get your name posted on the wall yet?

It's a long term goal.

Andy, it sounds like you are putting way too much effort into your grad school studies. What Masters/PhD are you pursuing?

MBA. Everyone puts in this much work. We have group assignments for every class that have to be turned in, so it's either do them or fail. (shrug)

Believe me, if I had a choice I wouldn't do these kind of hours, but it's not that bad really. Overall I like it WAY better than law school, which was a lot less work. Much cooler people.

It gets better. Next year.

Wow - you kids are too serious about grades nowadays! lol. You need to learn how to split things up better for your group work. :baiting: Make sure you put the quant geeks point on all of the stats heavy projects :devil: unless you are one of them - if you are, fight hard to avoid having it all dumped on you. lol lol lol

I did my MBA way back in 97 - 99. Remember, it is just as important to establish relationships and spend time networking during your MBA as it is to get the work done. I had it explained to me early on by my mentor that the people focused on top marks are chasing the wrong thing and will be best suited as cnnsultants you hire on an as needed basis. He was a VP with a local MNE and felt that MBA graduates who can network and deal with people will do better and are more valuable in the long run.

BTW, be careful with the cougs in your class that are just there on the prowl for a sugar daddy. They can be fun for while, but just make sure they don't get their claws in too deep. lol

It gets better. Next year.

Yeah, the second year is kind of a joke classwork wise, but you should be working at least part time and just taking night courses by then.

Wow - you kids are too serious about grades nowadays! lol. You need to learn how to split things up better for your group work. :baiting: Make sure you put the quant geeks point on all of the stats heavy projects :devil: unless you are one of them - if you are, fight hard to avoid having it all dumped on you. lol lol lol

I did my MBA way back in 97 - 99. Remember, it is just as important to establish relationships and spend time networking during your MBA as it is to get the work done. I had it explained to me early on by my mentor that the people focused on top marks are chasing the wrong thing and will be best suited as cnnsultants you hire on an as needed basis. He was a VP with a local MNE and felt that MBA graduates who can network and deal with people will do better and are more valuable in the long run.

BTW, be careful with the cougs in your class that are just there on the prowl for a sugar daddy. They can be fun for while, but just make sure they don't get their claws in too deep. lol

Rule #1 of MBA school. Do NOT hook up with anybody in your MBA program. (thumbs u

I never said I was chasing grades, but I do need to maintain a certain GPA to keep my scholarship. Believe me, I am aware of the importance of networking. When I find a job it will be because I am the right fit for the position and I knew the right people, not because I had a 3.75 or whatever. The employers I am interested in don't even ask about grades. (shrug)

Cougs. lol