• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is anyone staying in touch with October (Andy)?

43 posts in this topic

Glad to hear it is going well. I'm sorry law school was a bad choice for you, but I am certain that all that socratic method will help in the business world, if nothing else. Have fun, do well, avoid cougars (with the exception of the occassional mauling) and keep in touch. Best Regards,

--Sean.

We often don't know how some experience will help us out at the time it is happening. I've no doubt that a law degree and the experience derived during that time will prove valuable.

I never said I was chasing grades, but I do need to maintain a certain GPA to keep my scholarship. Believe me, I am aware of the importance of networking. When I find a job it will be because I am the right fit for the position and I knew the right people, not because I had a 3.75 or whatever. The employers I am interested in don't even ask about grades. (shrug)

My best friend from the MBA program went to lunch with a couple of VPs after his interview with a Merchant Bank he was working for during his second year. Their first question was "So, now that you have graduated with your MBA what do you think you know about financial markets?". He thought about telling them the standard classroom BS but realized it was a trick question and replied "Probably nothing that is important in the real world". They laughed, told him his answer was correct and welcomed him to the firm.