• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many young comic book readers are there (15 years old and under)?

Which of the following percentages is closest to the % of comic book buyers/readers 15 years old and under (of the total # of people young and old that buy/read 5 or more comics/month)?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following percentages is closest to the % of comic book buyers/readers 15 years old and under (of the total # of people young and old that buy/read 5 or more comics/month)?

21 posts in this topic

Under 15?? I would sadly say close to 3-4% so, 5%. If you had up till 18 I would still say 5% but from 18-22 (college) I would say that percent goes up to about 15%. 22-40 I would say 55% 40-50 I would say 10% and then above 50 I would say 20%

Where the 0%-1% option?

I thought you might respond with a comment like that. You are the reason I started the poll. Your logic that because comics are so expensive nowadays kids don't buy/read made a lot of sense. I wanted to see what everyone else thought.

Is $2.25 cover price equal to 60 cents I paid for a comic in the early 1980s factoring in inflation? confused-smiley-013.gif

Is $2.25 cover price equal to 60 cents I paid for a comic in the early 1980s factoring in inflation? confused-smiley-013.gif

Not likely, as comics have risen in price at a greater rate than any other entertainment of media product. Some of these have even decreased based on inflation, such as newspapers and some magazines.

An approximately inflation-based comic price, using the 20 years since 1983-2003 would still be well under a buck. As you go back further to 15-25-cent land, it gets even worse.

I am going to go with dam60. 5% seems about right.

I do not think the cost of the comic is the primary obstacle though. Just way too many things for kids to interact with as compared to 15-20 yrs ago. Video games spring to mind....

Russ

I do believe that the Archie line and with the Gemstone disney books you can get away with 3%-4%.

I think that you can add the Bongo Comics Simpsons books in that lot as well. It seems that everytime I go to my LCS there are kids looking for or buying these titles.

Your logic that because comics are so expensive nowadays kids don't buy/read made a lot of sense. I wanted to see what everyone else thought.

Its not just the expense but also the exposure. Where can kids even see/ buy comic books therse days?

Your logic that because comics are so expensive nowadays kids don't buy/read made a lot of sense. I wanted to see what everyone else thought.

Its not just the expense but also the exposure. Where can kids even see/ buy comic books therse days?

Being originally from central PA far away from civilization in the early 80s my only exposure to comic books came from visits to the local grocery, convenience and drug stores to get my comic fix. I assume that is where most kids nowadays who don't live close to a comic store get their comics if they don't subscribe.

Where the 0%-1% option?

Maybe for superhero, but I do believe that the Archie line and with the Gemstone disney books you can get away with 3%-4%.

DAM

Who are buying Marvel's Ultimate line of comics?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif....DARTHDIESEL

How many collectors on these boards are 15 and younger?

Real age or mental age?

I think we all know your answer... :kidaround:

You talking out of your azz again :baiting:

Excuse me. AHEM

How many collectors on these boards are 15 and younger?

Real age or mental age?

I think we all know your answer... :kidaround:

You talking out of your azz again :baiting:

Excuse me. AHEM

Your avatar hm