• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Flash on the WB!?!

10 posts in this topic

Everyone like time travel adventure flowerred.gifstorylines. I smell a hit.

I confess to not liking them very much. I DO like them better than "clone" episodes where a known char is cloned (yawnola!). But it is rare to see a really well done and well thought out time travel thang! Just one insufficiently_thoughtful_person's opinion.

Everyone like time travel adventure flowerred.gifstorylines. I smell a hit.

Whatever happened to:

Voyagers Cast Members:

Jon-Erik Hexum ............. Phineas Bogg

Meeno Peluce ................ Jeffrey Jones

Did they cancel this show after one season because Hexum blew his head off on the set of "Paper Chase"?

Here's to Thomas Edison putting together the "omni" without leaving out a screw tongue.gif

Did they cancel this show after one season because Hexum blew his head off on the set of "Paper Chase"?

::: Graphic Description Follows :::

It was on the set of COVER-UP. He was playing with a gun loaded with blanks. Put it to his head and pulled the trigger. Well, even a blank is loaded with gunpowder and he did kill himself, accidentally, by having a piece of his skull blown into his brain.

I seem to remember a show called that. What was it about?

To the best of my knowledge Hexum was not in THE PAPER CHASE, which began life as a movie in 1973. It centered on Harvard Law School students with John Houseman as Professor Kingsfield, Timothy Bottoms as his main student (you may rtemember Timothy Bottoms in the Hyena episode of Buffy when Xander and the school rat pack turn into were-hyenas after a visit to the zoo - Bottoms was the hyena keeper who sought their power to evil ends).

A few years later it became a TV show with Houseman reprising his role as Kingsfield AND James Stephens as Hart.

Houseman was one of the founders, along with Orson Welles, of the Mercury Theater - the radio show that gave us WAR OF THE WORLDS - which is nicely referenced in THE ADVENTURES OF BUCKAROO BONZAI ACROSS THE EIGHTH DIMENSION).

It starred John Erik-Hexum as Phineas Bogg-a not so bright new recruit to a group of time traveling do-gooders who went back in history to correct it. He met up with an oprhaned boy, who was a history wiz who went with him to help because he lost his guide book. The machine Phineas used was some kind of pocketwatch shaped device, which would blink red when history needed correcting and one hour later at the end of the show it would be shine a steady green to signify that they had fixed everything. But at the very end, it would lead into their next adventure...

I fogrot the classic end line with Meeno Peluuce sending kids to read more about the episode subject matter to a library because "It's ALL in books" or some cornball line like that...