• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my Fantastic Four 20

16 posts in this topic

I bought this as a VG+, but I have my doubts hm

Some of the things that you may not detect from the scans (not exhaustive and not mentioning the chipping, creasing, etc.)...

Front Cover:

1) Water/liquid stains

- From Molecule Man's left hand to his left knee

- lower left edge of the box with "After Reading This..."

- below the Thing's left foot

2) Rip from chip through Mr. Fantastic's right wrist

3) NCB bend from center top to Molecule Man's left (center) energy bolt

Back Cover:

1) Staple tears at top and bottom of upper staple that wrap slightly to front cover

- top tear is 1"

- bottom is 1/2"

2) 1/4" staple tear at top of lower staple

3) Water/liquid stain on left edge by Albert Dorne

FF20Front.jpg

FF20Back.jpg

These are smaller than they are at home... Any way to get around that (other than grabbing them to your own system and playing around with the size locally)?

Ebay purchase, perchance? hm

I'd guess 3.0/3.5 range, leaning 3.0. Even with all the flaws, I don't think I'd go lower. It does present reasonably well at least.

(thumbs u I concur with my learned colleague!

Sorry about the small scans.... can't seem to get PhotoBucket to show them larger (even though I tried to upload larger ones).

3.0/3.5 is sort of what I was thinking (given a bit later FF in 5.0 that I purchased from John Hauser and some FF 20's in Heritage's Archives:

FF20 from Heritage Archives

Another FF20 from Heritage Archives

Still Another FF20 from Heritage Archives

Yet Another FF20 from Heritage Archives

And Still Another FF20 from Heritage Archives

And Yet Another FF20 from Heritage Archives

).

I'd guess 3.0/3.5 range, leaning 3.0. Even with all the flaws, I don't think I'd go lower. It does present reasonably well at least.

Ditto except my lean might be 3.5 unless I could get a clearer view of the water damage.

Ditto except my lean might be 3.5 unless I could get a clearer view of the water damage.

The only definite damage is the area between Molecule Man's left elbow and left knee. There is a definite loss of gloss there with possibly some slight waviness.

The other areas are more like splash residue that *may* be able to be cleaned off.