• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me Cool Female Characters of the Golden Age!
1 1

437 posts in this topic

Ummm..it's because of the spear she's holding, right, Jack? ...;)?

What spear?

OK, Last one for now, I was looking for Liberty Belle, but if I scan the inside page of Boy Commandos, the spine is gonna fall apart, so...I will just do Moon Girl:) I love this cover...

The name "Moon Girl" always strikes me as toeing the line of bad taste! Has the character ever been revived?

Jack

she seems like a natural for Valkyrie's Lady Liberators

moongirl0001.jpg

Let me give you another trio of ladies -

1. Dale Daring, a female Terry and the Pirate strip

2. Hard-hitting Nyoka or should I say hard-headed Nyoka hm

3. The Queen of Diamonds. She can turn a head or two as well

4. Mary Jane, magic dust snorter, consorts with a talking mouse.

1514107-279_4_00402.jpg

1514107-279_4_00474.jpg

1201172-LTMM125Story4s.jpg

Jack

Jack

You have to post those Mary Jane books on the four color thread. I do not think that they are there yet.

Mary Jane is a magic dust sniffer........Hmmm should that issue have been # 420.

I enjoyed seeing the Punch book again with the BARE BREASTED cover. I am surprised that they were able to slip that one by whatever censors were operating back then.

SInce I an in the Four Color mode here in another with a real female on the cover.

fc684.jpg

Thanks to all for the posts so far! I'm loving these. :applause:

Can someone give me a quick rundown on the Venus character? She started as a scifi (powered superheroine?) character?...and then the title evolved into horror in the early 50s? Love to see an early panel page if someone has one.

She was very Sci Fi in the beginning, I always think of her, and Moon Girl as the same type, but that's probably more a name thing...Scrooge posted a page:)

venus100001.jpg

Marvel recently revived Venus as a superhero in Agents of Atlas, although they did something weird with her. Still, it's nice to see they're bringing back some of the GA characters.

Another nice book, BTW. :applause: Do you have the complete set?

Thank you:) and thanks to anyone else who said something nice:) I missed a few posts.

I have a bunch of Venus's, but they were really hard to find...I stopped looking for them a few years ago, but I think I need to start again:)

I DO have most of the Moongirls, and a Full story I posted on another link a few months ago, if I can find the picture, I'll post it here.