• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

metropolis comics accurate on raw books?

83 posts in this topic

I have yet to request a scan of a book, front and back, and not received it. Frank is quick and friendly. As a matter of fact, I have in my hands my most recent Metro purchase, still inside the box, as it just arrived by FedEx. I will open it when I get home and post a scan of this bad boy tonight. :cloud9:

Scott

I have yet to request a scan of a book, front and back, and not received it. Frank is quick and friendly. As a matter of fact, I have in my hands my most recent Metro purchase, still inside the box, as it just arrived by FedEx. I will open it when I get home and post a scan of this bad boy tonight. :cloud9:

Scott

I requested scans of two avengers #7,#11 and they said no.

Heres the reply:

I'm afraid we don't offer scans of books priced under $250. We have nearly 200,000 books in inventory and backstock, with the majority of those books being in that lower price range, and simply don't have the manpower or bandwidth to carry scans of every single book we have in stock. Thus, we have this unfortunate but necessary limitation on the scans we can provide. We do feel that our 10-day no-hassle return policy is ample protection for our customers should they be dissatisfied with grading or condition on those books without scans. I've posted the return policy below, and it's also on our website. If there's anything else I can help with, or any other titles you may be looking for, please feel free to contact me. Thank you for understanding.

I did`nt buy the books, who wants to deal with a return.them saying no to a scan was saying no to my money, if the scans checked out i was going to buy both books. (tsk)

You can request front/back scans from them. You should do a search because this topic has been covered quite extensively in the past (thumbs u

Angelo

The last time I requested on front/back scan they told me they just didn't have the time unless I was spending more money (my interpretation). The book was $115.

Other than that, they've always been incredibly easy to deal with and accurate on grading.

We did have a cut off of $250 for a scan at one time but that was awhile back. The only time Frank puts a cut-off is when he is drowning in work/orders/grading helping customers. We do apologize if in the past you didn't receive the scan you wanted. If you are still interested please email Frank at orders@metropoliscomics.com.

Thanks,

Vincent

my only problem is that sometimes shipping is slow. not sure if that's necessarily metro's fault tho. even if it is, i'll accept slow shipping for the reassurance that i get when i buy from them. always great quality

Scott

Heres the reply:

I'm afraid we don't offer scans of books priced under $250. We have nearly 200,000 books in inventory and backstock, with the majority of those books being in that lower price range, and simply don't have the manpower or bandwidth to carry scans of every single book we have in stock. Thus, we have this unfortunate but necessary limitation on the scans we can provide. We do feel that our 10-day no-hassle return policy is ample protection for our customers should they be dissatisfied with grading or condition on those books without scans. I've posted the return policy below, and it's also on our website. If there's anything else I can help with, or any other titles you may be looking for, please feel free to contact me. Thank you for understanding.

I did`nt buy the books, who wants to deal with a return.them saying no to a scan was saying no to my money, if the scans checked out i was going to buy both books. (tsk)

This was probably one of those times when Frank was swamped. If you are still interested or if there are other books you would like to order please email Frank at orders@metropoliscomics.com and he will be more than happy to help.

Sincerely,

Vincent

You can request front/back scans from them. You should do a search because this topic has been covered quite extensively in the past (thumbs u

Angelo

The last time I requested on front/back scan they told me they just didn't have the time unless I was spending more money (my interpretation). The book was $115.

Other than that, they've always been incredibly easy to deal with and accurate on grading.

We did have a cut off of $250 for a scan at one time but that was awhile back. The only time Frank puts a cut-off is when he is drowning in work/orders/grading helping customers. We do apologize if in the past you didn't receive the scan you wanted. If you are still interested please email Frank at orders@metropoliscomics.com.

Thanks,

Vincent

Would you say that the bashing you received from certain individuals had a hand in your change in customer services? :baiting:

my only problem is that sometimes shipping is slow. not sure if that's necessarily metro's fault tho. even if it is, i'll accept slow shipping for the reassurance that i get when i buy from them. always great quality

And great customer service. Frank called me back to other day and was very helpful in answering all my questions (thumbs u

Angelo

And some kudos to Vince for coming on here and publically dealing with these issues. Not too many dealers would do that. Sure, it's a smart business move but it still send a message about his ethics.

I've never ordered thru Metro but they have 3 or 4 on their site books that I've been meaning to buy forever. At least I feel confident that their service is solid.

I've tried three times to buy books from Metro and was unsuccessful each time. One time was a shipping problem that seemed to be the fault of Fed-Ex (the books were never recovered), another time I was sold a run of books that had already been sold and the 3rd time I bought a book (about $450) that looked fine in the scan, but when I got it there was a vertical bend right in the middle of the book that was caused from folding the comic completely in half.

Having said that, I will also say that in each case Metro took full responsibility and I was issued a refund in a speedy fashion. Because of that reason I would buy from them again if/when they have something I'm interested in.

On a side note, I've also talked to Vinnie on numerous occasions and happen to think that he's a pretty good guy. I also like the internet radio show that he does.

Heres the reply:

This was probably one of those times when Frank was swamped. If you are still interested or if there are other books you would like to order please email Frank at orders@metropoliscomics.com and he will be more than happy to help.

Sincerely,

Vincent

I`ll try again at some point,i ordered a cheap book awhile back to test the grading and it seemed okay, so your not off my purchase list.

The avengers #11 was sold,but i am waiting for some of your latest acquisition avengers to be priced though.

Thanks for posting here, it really helps. (thumbs u

Heres the reply:

Sincerely,

Vincent

I`ll try again at some point,i ordered a cheap book awhile back to test the grading and it seemed okay, so your not off my purchase list.

The avengers #11 was sold,but i am waiting for some of your latest acquisition avengers to be priced though.

Thanks for posting here, it really helps. (thumbs u

Thanks for giving us another shot. Once again apologies on the "no scan" response. If you email me at vincentz@metropoliscomics.com I will pull those newly acquired books and get you prices pronto!

Thanks for giving us another shot. Once again apologies on the "no scan" response. If you email me at vincentz@metropoliscomics.com I will pull those newly acquired books and get you prices pronto!

Does this apply to everyone? :wishluck:

And some kudos to Vince for coming on here and publically dealing with these issues. Not too many dealers would do that. Sure, it's a smart business move but it still send a message about his ethics.

seems like there is one a week.

I think there service is great. Frank will work with ya.

I always get my books within a week also .When it comes to rare & scarce , Metropolis can't be beat IMHO!!

:golfclap:

When I have bought slabbed books from Metropolis things have always went smoothly. Shipped quickly and accurately described (meaning no scratches on case and things like that).

(thumbs u

When I have bought slabbed books from Metropolis things have always went smoothly. Shipped quickly and accurately described (meaning no scratches on case and things like that)./quote]

Come on, even a mountain gorilla could sell CGC comics - heck just look at greggy.

Overall, they are closer to the mark on Raw books than not. There will always be some subjective interpretation. I happened to get a book that was way off but it's not worth the hassle to return it. I give Vincent a lot of credit for replying here. I did e-mail them tonight about it just as some "feedback". The funny thing is I keep getting e-mails saying my order is on the way and they told me today it shipped Fed Ex and they were sorry for the delay. lol I replied that I got the order a week and a half ago and e-mailed them late last week that I had the order in my possession. Hopefully it's not a double order. lol

Batting average is 50/50 ;) The time of Ed, I ordered 2 books and did not agree with the grade. I did not get the books and Ed says its ok. Great Customer Service with Ed.

I have only 1 experience with Frank, I ordered a FF1 CGC 6.0 book for $5500. They issued me a payment form and when I was about to send the check when I get an email from Frank saying the consignor has since sold the book. doh! Anyway Frank is (thumbs u about the incident but still that was a nice book.