• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What year did you start reading comic books?

What year did you start reading comic books?  

567 members have voted

1. 1. What year did you start reading comic books?

50 posts in this topic

So we have three junior high school never got it on except with themsleves who started reading comics in 1925! Gawd the implications of this question is obviously lost on the complete and totlal Timmy Dillweeds who responded. You sucketh majoreth. Okayeth?

1970 or so...

Still do remember my first comic sort of... cloud9.gif

I was all of 5 years old and was in a drug store with my grandfather.

I had to convince him to give me 15 cents to get it.

I think it was a Sword and Sorcery comic.

For the first few months it was mostly scary stuff, sci-fi, wierd war and anything with a dinosaur on the cover.

I bought my first superhero comic a little later because it had a dinosaur on the cover.

The first 20 cent ASM: 103

After that it was only marvel superheroes! smirk.gif

I was given my first comic in 1969, when we came over from Europe, by my dads cousin. Still remember the book, Captain America #106, been collecting ever since. 893applaud-thumb.gif That same book was the first book I have sent to CGC to get graded, came back at a 9.2 grin.gif

My first comic: Batman #276, June 1976 featuring "The Haunting of the Spook". Oddly enough, I was already staying up late Friday nights for a local show called "Creature Feature" which showed old classic horror flicks. Unlike the majority of the collecting public, I went from superhero to mystery/horror. I was a DC freak up to about 10 years ago, and now I'm equally addicted to both brands (Marvel/DC)!

My first comic: Batman #276, June 1976 featuring "The Haunting of the Spook". Oddly enough, I was already staying up late Friday nights for a local show called "Creature Feature" which showed old classic horror flicks. Unlike the majority of the collecting public, I went from superhero to mystery/horror. I was a DC freak up to about 10 years ago, and now I'm equally addicted to both brands (Marvel/DC)!

I used to love watching Creature Feature (and there was one other similar show around that time?) and B&W Johnny Weissmuller Tarzan flicks on saturday and sunday afternoons...did you grow up in Jax??

I used to love watching Creature Feature (and there was one other similar show around that time?) and B&W Johnny Weissmuller Tarzan flicks on saturday and sunday afternoons...did you grow up in Jax??

I'm a native NC man...maybe the show was syndicated across stations...the TV station it ran on was 12 out of a station in New Bern, NC.

BTW, I also was head over heels for the Foreign Anime Battle of the Planets aka Gatchaman. Seeing the original episodes unut made me realize how much Sandy Frank sliced and diced them...