• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT am I the only one watch the UFC tonight?

173 posts in this topic

I didnt get to see the fights as I worked both jobs yesterday :cry: but I heard about it from all the guys. Heard Shogun was ultra impressive then gassed and got submitted. Also no big surprise that Liddel lost to Jardine as that was the perfect fighter to give him problems. Leg kicks have always given Chuck a hard time as he is unable to plant and counter straights with well timed hooks. And what does Jardine mostly throw? Heavy leg kicks mixed with straights followed by hooks. What else happened last night? My buds were not good reporters. lol

Every fight was pretty awesome. All went the distance I believe except the Griffen/ Shogun fight which went into the 3rd round.

I already felt very satisfied and entertained right from the first fight of the night. Probably the weakest fight of the night was the main event and thankfully the majority of the judges got the decisions right this time on all the fights IMO.

I was looking forward to the Fitch vs. Diego match and it turned out very much how I thought. Tactical ground battle with Diego trying every submission in the book on his back and Fitch incredibly escaping tight triangles, arm bar attempts and kimura's. Great reversals and scrambles. Fitch is one tough SOB. Diego got beaten up more in this fight than probably all his other fights put together and looks like his nose got cut up/busted up pretty good.

Keith Jardine Wins by Split Decision at 5:00 in the 3rd round .

Forrest Griffin Wins by Submission at 4:45 in the 3rd round by rear naked choke.

Jon Fitch Wins by Split Decision at 5:00 in the 3rd round .

Lyoto Machida Wins by Unanimous Decision at 5:00 in the 3rd round .

Tyson Griffin Wins by Unanimous Decision at 5:00 in the 3rd round .

Rich Clementi Wins by Submission at 3:05 in the 2nd round by rear naked choke.

Jeremy Stephens Wins by Unanimous Decision at 5:00 in the 3rd round .

Christian Wellisch Wins by Submission at 3:19 in the 1st round by heel hook.

Matt Wiman Wins by Unanimous Decision at 5:00 in the 3rd round .

Wow, 2007 is all about upsets and UFC 76 was chock full of them. I think most surprising was how dominant the uprisers were, as Fitch totally controlled Diego from start to finish, and Griffin was all over a tired and bloated Shogun Rua. The judging on the Fitch fight was a joke, and to call that a split-decision is an insult. 30-27, 29-28 Fitch... and 29-28 Sanchez from the crackhead in aisle 3!

In the main event, was sure Liddell was going to knock out Jardine (who supa-beast Houston Alexander pummeled into submission in his last fight), but after a bad first round, the Dean of Mean really poured it on, pounding the Iceman with brutal body shots, heavy punches and even knocked him down in the 2nd round. Liddell won the first round, but it was all Jardine after that, and even the announcers were calling for a 29-28 decision, or even 30-28 based on how overwhelming Jardine was in the 2nd. Chuck was booed heavily when he raised his arms in victory. lol

The result? Another split decision (WTF?) with that same insufficiently_thoughtful_person judge somehow giving Chuckles the fight, and when that result was read, even more boos.

Did anyone else notice that second judge was on crack? Seriously.

Wow, 2007 is all about upsets and UFC 76 was chock full of them. I think most surprising was how dominant the uprisers were, as Fitch totally controlled Diego from start to finish, and Griffin was all over a tired and bloated Shogun Rua. The judging on the Fitch fight was a joke, and to call that a split-decision is an insult. 30-27, 29-28 Fitch... and 29-28 Sanchez from the crackhead in aisle 3!

In the main event, was sure Liddell was going to knock out Jardine (who supa-beast Houston Alexander pummeled into submission in his last fight), but after a bad first round, the Dean of Mean really poured it on, pounding the Iceman with brutal body shots, heavy punches and even knocked him down in the 2nd round. Liddell won the first round, but it was all Jardine after that, and even the announcers were calling for a 29-28 decision, or even 30-28 based on how overwhelming Jardine was in the 2nd. Chuck was booed heavily when he raised his arms in victory. lol

The result? Another split decision (WTF?) with that same insufficiently_thoughtful_person judge somehow giving Chuckles the fight, and when that result was read, even more boos.

Did anyone else notice that second judge was on crack? Seriously.

Completely agree. How those weren't unanimus decisions is beyond me.

The UFC really needs to clean up the judging. I'm just glad that only one judge was on crack this time and the right guys got the V's unlike a couple of the recent fights where apparently the crack was flowing freely amongst two of the judges.

Keith Jardine Wins by Split Decision at 5:00 in the 3rd round .

Forrest Griffin Wins by Submission at 4:45 in the 3rd round by rear naked choke.

Jon Fitch Wins by Split Decision at 5:00 in the 3rd round .

Lyoto Machida Wins by Unanimous Decision at 5:00 in the 3rd round .

Rich Clementi Wins by Submission at 3:05 in the 2nd round by rear naked choke.

Jeremy Stephens Wins by Unanimous Decision at 5:00 in the 3rd round .

Christian Wellisch Wins by Submission at 3:19 in the 1st round by heel hook.

Matt Wiman Wins by Unanimous Decision at 5:00 in the 3rd round .

Thoroughly enjoyed these three fights:

Jon Fitch Wins by Split Decision at 5:00 in the 3rd round

What is it with very Pride guy getting gassed out when they fight in the UFC? That was Shogun's worse fight of his career (Forrest's best mind you) but early on he was lungeing, looping lazy punches. Betting on the UFC has surpassed boxing so if anyone doesn't think that half these fights are rigged then I have a bridge I want to sell them. GSP loses to Sera when he is an 8-1 favorite? Hamil loses to Bisping, some of the referee's have made ridiculous decisions time after time yet they still are on the payroll (gee why is that). They don't even pan over to Shogun's corner after the fight, no interview, nothing? Joe "Rogaine" should stick to that stupid show Fear Factor.

Fitch was extremely impressive, haven't seen too many guys twist out of a triangle like he did. I love this sport but I can't stand the UFC. They should have left Pride alone but now they have ruined it.

Once again this UFC event makes me glad that I don't place real bets.

I was happy to see Forrest, Fitch, and Jardine win. They were very entertaining fights for being 15 minutes each. Fitch will finally get the accolades that he deserves.

My only disappointment is that Liddell might not fight Wanderlei soon, though it would be good if they were both coming off of wins into the fight.

I was happy to see Forrest, Fitch, and Jardine win. They were very entertaining fights for being 15 minutes each. Fitch will finally get the accolades that he deserves.

My only disappointment is that Liddell might not fight Wanderlei soon, though it would be good if they were both coming off of wins into the fight.

Not sure why they wouldn't match up Liddell vs Wanderlai since neither of them are in a position to take a title fight right now. Still would be a huge draw.

Did you see Wanderlei's reaction in the crowd? He was shaking his head when they announced the Jardine win. I don't know if he really thought Liddell had won or was just having a case of wishfull thinking.

With the 205lbs class so chalked full of guys vying for a title shot, and many deserving one, Liddell vs Wanderlei might be a very fight to set up tp push one of them closer. Liddell would have more on the line though, as a third loss in a row could push him way down the depth chart.

Did you see Wanderlei's reaction in the crowd? He was shaking his head when they announced the Jardine win. I don't know if he really thought Liddell had won or was just having a case of wishfull thinking.

Nah, he was just pizzed that his massive PPV fight with Chuck, worth potentially millions each, wouldn't be coming off.

He was only there to see Chuck whip Jardine's butt and then come into the ring to officially challenge the victorious Chuck. With the Iceman beaten, his trip was an entire waste.

I dont want to start any war but again STEROIDS may be the missing link here. Shogun looked horribly soft,slow and weak! In Pride he was solid, fairly quick and very strong. The guy in the octogon was aggressive but he had no explosiveness what so ever. I immediately thought of roids but I could be paranoid. Maybe he had some trouble adjusting to the american time or crowd as we are far more vocal than japanese crowd. Perhaps too much partying? I dunno but he looked like half the fighter he was in Pride. Shogun's brother Ninja also lost here in Hawaii to Robbie Lawler. Mind you Robbie Lawler is an animal that will be back in UFC cracking skulls soon. Lawler has improved very much. Fitch is what happens when a good wrestler learns how NOT to get submitted. Most wrestlers dont bother to learn Bjj but obviously Fitch has done his homework. I think wanderlei will still be aggressive however. Even when he got knocked out by Belfort he was being ultra aggressive. The whole 10 seconds lol . Time will tell on these chute box academy. Makes you wonder why Anderson Silva left huh? Think about it. Welcome back JC

Would like to next see Fitch vs. GSP (thumbs u

I dont want to start any war but again STEROIDS may be the missing link here.

As far as I know PRIDE never had any steroid testing (correct me if I'm wrong) and I am certain most of the Brazilian's have been juicing in their country. Does this mean with UFC's drug testing that they will not be quite as strong or dominant as before. Only time will tell hm

Would like to next see Fitch vs. GSP

Nope, Hughest vs. Serra and then GSP vs. the winner, then perhaps Fitch vs. winner.

GSP already had his "prove you're ready for a rematch" bout when he pounded, and out wrestled, Koschek.