• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Golden Age Canadian Whites

172 posts in this topic

I finished the AE # 71 last weekend. I'd love to see more photos of interiors by Dingle on Nelvana but also on The Sign of Freedom :wishluck: And some shots of Whiz Wallace and Dart Daring by Legault. Pretty please ...

So far (worship) on anything and everything you've posted!

skypink,

Think only Canada banned the WW II distribution of American comics in Canada due to some foreign trade imbalance which kick-started a Cdn comic industry in Toronto, ON and Vancouver, BC.

Seems like most SA DC Australian comics (e.g. Superman, Blackhawk) have b/w interiors with color covers. :gossip:

Those whites are great fun....I don't own any ....Great collection you have there....

but you did buy one book from Alaska to add to your collection......

Bell title.....

Color interiors...

Remember the book?

Dizzy Don?

I did.. it was Dizzy Don # 4 from 1947 featuring Dizzy Don and the Great Fire:

Good Memory. I trust I purchased that book from you.

A while back....interesting book....glad it's in very good company.

Some pictures of me and the late Ed Furness (Aged 94), the creator of Freelance and former Art Director at Anglo American Publishing in Toronto during the early 1940's. The backdrop is from my comic museum. Enjoy!

EdFurness1.jpg

EdFurness4.jpg

Very Very cool that you were able to meet the creator Ed Furness......looks like he humored you a bit with a photo. I'm assuming you have an original sketch by him when he came by......you couldn't have passed up the chance................?