• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chuck's not so good these days.

48 posts in this topic

Just wanted to share with the forum, Chuck has recently had an MRI scan done and apparantly he's losing brain tissue. He went after experiencing symptoms of exhaustion, dizzyness and memory loss.

Well, let's just say.....

Not directed at anyone in particular....but this is an example of how character assasination can turn around and bite you in the azz... foreheadslap.gif

I don't really understand this comment; please explain how this works...

What exactly confuses you Joe....assist me as to what you don't understand and I will gladly clarify for you... thumbsup2.gif

What exactly confuses you Joe....assist me as to what you don't understand and I will gladly clarify for you... thumbsup2.gif

Well, the "bite you in the azz" comment is confusing. Let's say you're referring to me and my "what goes around, comes around" comment. I'm feeling great, had a perfect morning and am not losing brain cells.

Well, the "bite you in the azz" comment is confusing. Let's say you're referring to me and my "what goes around, comes around" comment. I'm feeling great, had a perfect morning and am not losing brain cells.

Well Chuck is not feeling so great and I for one feel bad that a fellow human being, who has had a lot of harsh critisism launched his way, is not...

When you lambast someone beyond the hobby itself and critisize his human traits it seems to me that a feeling human being would feel just a twinge of regret at those comments when it is revealed that that someone is deathly ill...

Well Chuck is not feeling so great and I for one feel bad that a fellow human being, who has had a lot of harsh critisism launched his way, is not...

When you lambast someone beyond the hobby itself and critisize his human traits it seems to me that a feeling human being would feel just a twinge of regret at those comments when it is revealed that that someone is deathly ill...

"Deathly ill"? What are your sources? I just got an e-mail from him this morning pimping his most recent "sale" so I wouldn't put him at deaths door just yet. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see him sick or dead, but I don't feel any more or less sorry for him then I would anyone else that's sick. The status of his health and what I think about the way he does business are two entirely different and separate things.

Hey, I'm ambivalent towards Chuck's reported illness and I just leave things like that to fate and karma.

"Deathly ill"? What are your sources?

My sources are right here...I don't have anything beyond that and I don't proclaim myself as being on the inner loop as to his condition...I do however take what ninanina says as a reliable source...

I just got an e-mail from him this morning pimping his most recent "sale" so I wouldn't put him at deaths door just yet.

I'm not putting him at deaths door either...but losing "brain cells" is irreversable and the other symptoms may not be debilitating but I am sure it makes it a bltch to live with on a day-to-day basis...

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see him sick or dead, but I don't feel any more or less sorry for him then I would anyone else that's sick.

Well I don't feel more or less sorry for him because of who he is but I do feel sorry for him as being a sick person....and it's not a pity thing...

The status of his health and what I think about the way he does business are two entirely different and separate things.

My intial post was about character assaination beyond the hobby and his business practices...albeit his business practices is a testimat to who he is but he is also a human being and areyou entirely confidant as to the reasons or motivation behind his business practices???...

Hey, I'm ambivalent towards Chuck's reported illness and I just leave things like that to fate and karma.

How PC of you...

are you entirely confidant as to the reasons or motivation behind his business practices???...

I don't care what his "reasons or motivations" are. The reality is that I have tried to do business with him and my experience (not opinion) is that he sold me over graded books at well over NM market value. I was fully willing to pay a premium for the books I bought from him, but I also expected honest grading. From listening to the experiences of others I have found that mine was not an isolated case.

I don't know Chuck from Adam so I wont even try to guess what kind of a person he is, but I do know what kind of a business man he is based on having actually conducted business with him. His "reasons or motivations" could be world peace and to feed all the hungry children, but his practices can't be justified by his motivations.

Any order, or part of any order can be returned if not as advertised. In particular, if a comic has been misgraded we will either compensate you for the difference in grade, or try and provide a replacement. We do not, however, accept any responsibility for the content of the back issues we sell. We've had som e collectors try and return comics in the past because they disliked the story and/or art. Sorry, but we accept no responsibility for the sins of publishers. If we make a mistake, we'll fix it. Otherwise we accept no returns of product after an order has been placed.

Just out of curiosity...Was your order compensated as per the above statement from his website???...

I posted something on this a while back:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=250033&page=9&view=collapsed&sb=4&o=31&fpart=all&vc=1

I tried to make the case, based on front left lobe damage symptoms, that he may have had this a while in some form, and that it contributed to some of his more pronounced personality traits.

Doc pointed out that it was a load of s.hite though, so the thread soon ended.

around the time we were "roasting" chuck, I remember a series of posts that went on about his staff and posted a picture of them and continued to make some suggestions about his daughter...I was rolling, until a forumite got offended about the incest allegations.

Then the hilarious posts about his "daring ride through the mafia infested desert, with death lurking at every turn"....

I don't know how ill he is, but I hope he gets better soon. It's not as funny making light of someone who is incapacitated. smile.gif

I'm not putting him at deaths door either...but losing "brain cells" is irreversable and the other symptoms may not be debilitating but I am sure it makes it a bltch to live with on a day-to-day basis...

Yo, someone ask supapimp and "Mr 4:20" to unhook themselves from their water bongs long enough to weigh in on this one tongue.gif

I'd be surprised if they haven't smoked away their last brain cell beteen 'em...but they can still talk comics! 27_laughing.gif

and not to single these guys out, Chrisco37, after his weekend binges and living daily in the bottom of a bottle, in conjunction with his trip to the bars in Amsterdam, it is amazing to see him write somewhat coherently on these boards in regards to Vertigo... smile.gif

around the time we were "roasting" chuck, I remember a series of posts that went on about his staff and posted a picture of them and continued to make some suggestions about his daughter...I was rolling, until a forumite got offended about the incest allegations.

Then the hilarious posts about his "daring ride through the mafia infested desert, with death lurking at every turn"....

I don't know how ill he is, but I hope he gets better soon. It's not as funny making light of someone who is incapacitated. smile.gif

Link please? gossip.gif