• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you think of listings that say '2nd best'.

8 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or data on if it helps an auction to put '2nd best' on an auction title. I see these auctions and think to myself "Why would they point out that this is NOT the best?"

If it was an Action #1, yeah, I would be proud to own the 2nd best copy. But some middling Silver Age stuff that goes for maybe $100?

I don't keep track of these 'buzz' words in my auction database, so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with adding words like 'Top', 'Best', or '2nd Best' to an auction. Does it help?

From my own limited experience I think listing 'Best' on a title has some effect. But other terms?

Thoughts, experience, and comments welcome.

If he's talking 2nd best as far as CGC goes, nothing wrong with that. If he's talking 2nd best to the one he's keeping, I'd keep that a secret although I did get one of greggy's 2nd best and it was a better superspectacular dc by far than anything I could find on e-bay.

Personally, if I wanted the comic...I wouldn't care if it's 2nd best to whatever. As long as it's a grade I'm interested. grin.gif

I did get one of greggy's 2nd best and it was a better superspectacular dc by far than anything I could find on e-bay.

More like 4th or 5th best! hi.gif

@nd best is okay to say in alisting. It is good information to have when deciding whether to bid or not. BUT - - it pays to check the actual census your self, since a 9.2 could be the second best copy even if there are already 22 9.4s better and 33 other 9.2s already graded. I dont think in this case that 2nd best means as much, do you? Even if it was more accurately called the 23rd best copy, knowing teh census breakdown is key info.

I always find that perplexing as well. Better to not say anything rather than saying it is the 2nd best in most cases. Maybe if there is one 10.0 and yours is the only 9.9, then you could point it out, but still seems dumb to phrase it that way. I agree with the others that it's better to say "one of the two best copies".