• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sketch Pad

9 posts in this topic

Do you want it for convention sketches or just to doodle on?

For convention sketches you can try a stiff Strathmore britstol in 9 x 12 pads.

It makes for an awesome sketch and is approx the same rigidity as a piece of OA bristol board.

100% Acid free.

Yes it is for Con sketches.

I went with the STRATHMORE Hardbound Sketchbook 8.5" X 11.5" 192pages 60lb from Michael's. Cost me under $15 after using the couplon they ussually have in every Sunday paper.

I went with the hardbound becuase I think it says to the artist, "this sketch isn't going on eBay." and I was able to get quite a few free sketches in San Diego this year with it ( SHAMELESS PLUG ). Spiral bound sketchbooks are a definite (tsk) if your asking for sketches.

Mike

Yes it is for Con sketches.

I went with the STRATHMORE Hardbound Sketchbook 8.5" X 11.5" 192pages 60lb from Michael's. Cost me under $15 after using the couplon they ussually have in every Sunday paper.

I went with the hardbound becuase I think it says to the artist, "this sketch isn't going on eBay." and I was able to get quite a few free sketches in San Diego this year with it ( SHAMELESS PLUG ). Spiral bound sketchbooks are a definite (tsk) if your asking for sketches.

Mike

Pretty good suggestion: I would go with the 80 # paper rather than the 60# in case an

artist would like to do some heavier media techniques.