• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More Mile High Madness

12 posts in this topic

Like quite a few people here, I receive emails from Mile High. Most of the time it is quite entertaining because of Chuck's insanity and crappy grading. Today I perused his ridiculous prices and came across some that are so insane that I had to share it with everyone :

X-Men 45 CGC 9.6 $3200

X-men 01 CGC 7.5 $13200

X-men 15 CGC 7.0 $455

X-men 94 CGC 9.0 $3325

X-men 121 CGC 9.2 $270

X-men 131 CGC 9.2 $400

X-men 140 CGC 9.8 $405

ASM 1. vg 4.0 $6000 on sale from $7000!!!

ASM 1. CGC 6.0 $15400

ASM 9. Fine 6.0 $1203.10

ASM 10 nm $4500

ASM 20 cgc 9.2 $2000

You get the idea, remember the non cgc are Chuck's special grading. I know this has been re-hashed, but this guy is the worst thing in the comic business.

Tom

I had to check the mile high website after reading the 'new listings'. I thought maybe the cgc books were slabbed in platinum instead of plastic.

Maybe I'm out of the loop, but on several of the x-men books listed (#45 in 9.6), it appears noted as a ?pedigree 'Mile High II' on the label. I was under the assumption that the MH II books were not designated a pedigree.

Anyways, pretty impressive price tags. May be slow movers......

I had to check the mile high website after reading the 'new listings'. I thought maybe the cgc books were slabbed in platinum instead of plastic.

Maybe I'm out of the loop, but on several of the x-men books listed (#45 in 9.6), it appears noted as a ?pedigree 'Mile High II' on the label. I was under the assumption that the MH II books were not designated a pedigree.

Anyways, pretty impressive price tags. May be slow movers......

Steve said that Chuckie "found" some in a room and will only designate those copies submitted as MH2. confused-smiley-013.gif

Interesting. One would think that if CGC took Chuck's word that he 'found' some MH II books and designated this on the label, they would take books submitted with the original certificate and designate them as such also.

Not that it matters, I guess. I threw away plenty of the flimsy 'certificates' from the MH II collection years ago. I know its been a topic beaten before, but I'd still vote to nix the pseudo-pedigree designation and 'from the collection of', for more graders notes. Just my two cent rant.

Interesting. One would think that if CGC took Chuck's word that he 'found' some MH II books and designated this on the label, they would take books submitted with the original certificate and designate them as such also.

Not that it matters, I guess. I threw away plenty of the flimsy 'certificates' from the MH II collection years ago. I know its been a topic beaten before, but I'd still vote to nix the pseudo-pedigree designation and 'from the collection of', for more graders notes. Just my two cent rant.

Steve said that they don't really want to deal with the others so only the ones that Chuck submits will get the "worthless"? designation! shocked.gif

How can you say that? I'd pay 10x the normal price for a book that used to be in Nicholas Cage's collection! ........

Of course the "from the collection" of notes are rather worthless and crazy. I can only assume that CGC does this because a big customer requests it from time to time, and they aim to please if the $ is right.