• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sgt. Fury 13 (Cap America issue) 9.4?

43 posts in this topic

One of the books I was going to submit after the hurricane is over.

I think it might be a 9.4.

9.2 at worst.

I can only host 150meg scans here but I have a larger one if someone will host it.

Wonderful book.

Only one 9.6.

The GP has $800-$2500 for 3 different 9.4s sold.

That seems strange...

Does anyone have a good idea what a 9.4 is worth?

This one has off-white pages.

261095-SGTF13.jpg

261095-SGTF13.jpg.a092678a4aed3d40a26c66ce82ea8fc6.jpg

Tough to say with a small scan like that. There does appear to be one stress mark (just above the word "and") visible at even this size of scan and some possible overhang crimping on the top(?). Any other defects? Looks nice a real nice book, but could be anywhere from 8.5 to 9.4 based on the scan - just not enough info to go on. My money would be on 9.2 based on the current scan, perhaps lower if there are other defects. I wish you luck. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I saw that X-man #1 9.4 that sold at Comiclink for $45,000 had a tiny bit of fuzz at both spine corners.

Back has a small date stamp, also one 1/8" tear along the top because of that darn top overhang on 75% of all Marvels before 1965.

I think that tear might bring it down to 9.2.

But it has great "eye-appeal"; Full gloss and rich colors.

There is one transverse stress crease on the spine but I saw a CGC 9.4 ASM 100 posted here yesterday that had a bigger one. smirk.gif

Beyonder hasn't showed up yet to comment on the QP... laugh.gif

Darn Underwrap.

I better check my PMs...

Someone is probably flashing me to host the bigger pic. wink.gif

Both spine corners and upper right have some dingage...

Looks like a bit of stress at the lower staple (just above Fury's right knee)...

Are those non-color-breakers on the spine above and below "and" and above Fury's gun?

I'd say 9.2, or so.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

news.gif

I sent my first batch in today!

Five comics (Standard), so I'll know in 15-18 days if my grading is 893censored-thumb.gif or thumbsup2.gif.

The Sgt Fury 13 above: expect 9.0 (9.2 893crossfingers-thumb.gif)

Defenders 1 expect: 9.2 (9.4893crossfingers-thumb.gif)

ASM 120 expect: 9.4

ASM 145 (MJ insert) expect: 9.6 (no 9.8s in census yet 893crossfingers-thumb.gif)

ASM 140 (MJ insert) expect: 9.4 (9.6 893crossfingers-thumb.gif)

The 140 has some ink transfer, but I've heard they don't downgrade for that?

I'll find out I guess... smirk.gif

I'll use the funds from selling these to get a dig cam and send in a larger economy bronze lot.