• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: What really makes my coffee

68 posts in this topic

Cream is for sissys :sumo:

(thumbs u black with no sugar is the way I drink it. I also double the coffee grinds.

Oh yeah? Well, I drink it brewed extra strong black with no sugar after it's been sitting out for three days. So there!!!

:kidaround:

No kidding? Well I just swallow a handful of grounds followed by some hot water from the tap as a chaser!

(thumbs u black with no sugar is the way I drink it. I also double the coffee grinds.

Oh yeah? Well, I drink it brewed extra strong black with no sugar after it's been sitting out for three days. So there!!!

No kidding? Well I just swallow a handful of grounds followed by some hot water from the tap as a chaser!

Funny story,

When I was deployed and on 37 hour convoys I used to dip coffee grounds to stay awake. At one point I had 2 Skoal dips in my lower lip with 2 coffe ground dips in my upper lip while smoking a cigarrett. After the covoy was over I had the best sleep of my life, even scud alert alarms couldn't even wake me.

Trooper- you make miss infantrymen. Fun guys they were. If the spoon doesn't stand straight up, it's not the coffee for the Queen of Battle!

No joke on dipping coffee though. I never used tobacco myself, but a lot of us would dip the little Folgers instant coffee packs in the MREs when we were up running fire missions. Stuff always used to do the trick. When we were out running convoys, my guys loved me because before we left, I always had a fresh pot ready to go (family and friends used to ship me Dunkin Donuts coffee when I was deployed). I've got to try and find the pic of me with my big asss thermos before patrol one night.

But yeah, they always gave me for not drinking it straight. What can you do? At least now that I'm teaching, no one gives me a hard time about... except ALL of you! :grin:

I'm sorry, did I say I drink it. I set up a slow IV drip and inject it directly.

Rookies....gotta drop a tablespoon of salt in there too...for a little extra kick.

C

Well *I* chew thw whole beans into grounds. Then just swallow them. "Water from the tap." What a girly girl!!

OK - actually I brew it strong in press then use "Half and Half" and honey. Honey in coffee is excellent. It is a "round" sweet as opposed the the edgy sweet of sugar. Works well with the brew.

Trooper- you make miss infantrymen. Fun guys they were. If the spoon doesn't stand straight up, it's not the coffee for the Queen of Battle!

No joke on dipping coffee though. I never used tobacco myself, but a lot of us would dip the little Folgers instant coffee packs in the MREs when we were up running fire missions. Stuff always used to do the trick. When we were out running convoys, my guys loved me because before we left, I always had a fresh pot ready to go (family and friends used to ship me Dunkin Donuts coffee when I was deployed). I've got to try and find the pic of me with my big asss thermos before patrol one night.

But yeah, they always gave me for not drinking it straight. What can you do? At least now that I'm teaching, no one gives me a hard time about... except ALL of you! :grin:

11 years in the Army and 2 trips to Iraq later, I still don't drink coffee and people just can't believe it. Everyone in the Army drinks coffee, but I just don't like it at all. (shrug)

Well *I* chew thw whole beans into grounds. Then just swallow them. "Water from the tap." What a girly girl!!

OK - actually I brew it strong in press then use "Half and Half" and honey. Honey in coffee is excellent. It is a "round" sweet as opposed the the edgy sweet of sugar. Works well with the brew.

i'll eat the whole beans every so often when i am in a real hurry. after drinking it black for a couple of months, the beans by themselves ain't so bad, really

(shrug)

i'll eat the whole beans every so often when i am in a real hurry. after drinking it black for a couple of months, the beans by themselves ain't so bad, really

(shrug)

You have to get the dark roasted beans covered in dark chocolate. Keep you up for days...

"11 years in the Army and 2 trips to Iraq later, I still don't drink coffee and people just can't believe it. Everyone in the Army drinks coffee, but I just don't like it at all. "

So... you're one of them. Aren't there only 3 of you left? I think the other 2 guys finally came around ;)

(shrug)

You have to get the dark roasted beans covered in dark chocolate. Keep you up for days...

Also makes you poop funny... for what it's worth. Guess coffee beans don't digest well. Well, it's after 12pm, so time to switch over to tea. (Man, I have definitely gotten out of the military... I'd never get away with that)

I saw the title to this thread and thought it was a play on words, like "You know what really grinds my gears?"

(:

But On Topic,

Dark roast whole bean Coffee from a local shop down the street that roasts different blends daily.

Grind um up, make some espresso, a little splash of half and half and touch of raw sugar.

:cloud9: