• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: What really makes my coffee

68 posts in this topic

Here's my morning arithmetic

Beans from Peets Coffee, freshly ground +

bottled spring water +

Braun drip coffeemaker +

brown Melitta filter (no chemical bleaching) +

light cream =

:cloud9:

Uh wow! you take your coffe seriously, cant blame ya. I t is one of my vices no doubt.

Another great way to drink coffe is with canned evaporated milk. I t gives the coffe a slightly sweet nutty very rich taste. Try it!

bottled spring water +

Braun drip coffeemaker +

light cream =

What do you use for a grinder? I like the top grinders with a burr that does the grinding. Makes very even grounds.

My favorte coffee bean is the Costa Rican La Manita but dam if I can find it around here.

When I get a different place I wil be roasting the beans at home. If you love coffee check out www.sweetmarias.com - the specialie in home roasting and have a HUGE selection of green beans, each one with a very in-deth review and analysis.

I've used a lot of coffee pots and ultimately decided on the French Press and an Italian Moka Pot, depending if I want a regular or an espresso type coffee.

Honey - said it before but wll say it again. If you have not tried coffee with honey in it instead of sugar you are really missing something. If you insist n sugar use turbanado type (raw sugar). t has a slight "tooth" to it and a hint of caramel. Also melds much nicer with the coffee than granulated white sugar, which I find a bit harsh and edgy.

bottled spring water +

Braun drip coffeemaker +

light cream =

What do you use for a grinder? I like the top grinders with a burr that does the grinding. Makes very even grounds.

My favorte coffee bean is the Costa Rican La Manita but dam if I can find it around here.

When I get a different place I wil be roasting the beans at home. If you love coffee check out www.sweetmarias.com - the specialie in home roasting and have a HUGE selection of green beans, each one with a very in-deth review and analysis.

I've used a lot of coffee pots and ultimately decided on the French Press and an Italian Moka Pot, depending if I want a regular or an espresso type coffee.

Honey - said it before but wll say it again. If you have not tried coffee with honey in it instead of sugar you are really missing something. If you insist n sugar use turbanado type (raw sugar). t has a slight "tooth" to it and a hint of caramel. Also melds much nicer with the coffee than granulated white sugar, which I find a bit harsh and edgy.

There is a coffee pot that grinds its own beans.the best coffee ever.

bottled spring water +

Braun drip coffeemaker +

light cream =

There is a coffee pot that grinds its own beans.the best coffee ever.

Yep, this is what I use, and it's great!!!

The top freshly grinds the beans, and then the grounds fall down into the filter and the brewing starts :cloud9:

Cuisinart__10-Cup_Grind_and_Brew_Coffee_Maker4cac2436-d91a-499a-8fa8-8b45566526ad-detail.jpg

Dude, I think I saw one of those at Williams Sonoma for over $200. That's :screwy: even if it does make good coffee. lol Of course, once I get my Ph.D. and am making the big bucks, let's see what's on my kitchen countertop then ;)

Ah... another morning of administering tests to my students. I'd almost rather be forced to the entire series of Atari Force. Almost.

Dude, I think I saw one of those at Williams Sonoma for over $200. That's :screwy: even if it does make good coffee. lol Of course, once I get my Ph.D. and am making the big bucks, let's see what's on my kitchen countertop then ;)

Ah... another morning of administering tests to my students. I'd almost rather be forced to the entire series of Atari Force. Almost.

Actually it was a wedding present, and I think it came from "Bed Bath and Beyond"

for around $100-$125, so not that bad :grin: