• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics Database

3 posts in this topic

I am a huge fan of www.comics.org and use it all the time. I also have had cover images used on the site which is kind of cool. That said at some point I signed up with every intention of contributing covers (though too lazy to contribute all the other info) and now its a case of "can't find the password or userid" and not really wanting to try again.

Anyway, it seemed like I had to become an active member to contribute and had to provide all the interior data as well. Ultimatel I didn't try hard enough and never was able to figure it all out.

So I know that there are some board members here who are active members but I figure I'd set up a post to provide the cover images (and interior credits/storylines) so the more active GCD members can use them. I really only use it for Golden Age but to each there own. So here are the links to the site and a link to covers needing replacement. A fun little search for everyone.

http://www.comics.org/index.lasso

http://www.comics.org/covers_for_replacement.lasso

Here's my contribution to a missing cover.

scan0100.jpg

Done! Ed, please note that uploading an image to the GCD does not require any password nor to have you index the entire issue. Anyone can upload a replacement or a missing scan.

I also would invite anyone that sees an error on the GCD to report it to the editors. There is a link to the error list at the bottom of most every page. Please use it!

The requirements to index are more stringent and require a login in to reserve and index issues. This is done so that there is quality control for the data in the database and so that editors can review the information before it goes in "forever". Having indexers logging in allows editors to bounce indexes back to the indexer for changes. I only know Jack and I who are GCD indexers? Anyone else?