• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gold Key Sealed comics Questions--Help

47 posts in this topic

I recently happened upon a sealed pack of 3 gold key comics. I havent seen anything like this before. Its there anyway to tell what number the comics are? Is there a separate listing in price guides for these? Any help would be greatly appreciated. There is a Bugs Bunny comic, a Walt Disney Comics and Stories comic, and a third comic that is in the middle that I cant see. Any clues? Included are two scans of them.

scan0002.jpg

scan0001.jpg

I don't know much about the Gold Key 3-paks, but if this was one of the rare pre-pack only Whitmans (circa 1980 I believe) it could be worth a a tidy sum.
Woody191.jpg

You buy it raw unknown, raw as variant, in a 3-pack, or already slabbed?
Raw from J & S from their raw Random House file copies. I only saw one other one offered by them and none slabbed ones from Heritage so there shouldn't be that many around. I made a thrill bid when I was bored and won it accidentally. Hopefully it does half decent when it gets listed this Saturday. I don't expect US 179 or Little Lulu 261 numbers though. :(

P.S. J & S didn't market it as a variant but someone on the boards posted a link to it.

lol

You're so ga...., eclectic with your collection :baiting:

Wait until my auction ends and I'll shove that attitude up your candy azz.

lol

Stick your Woodpecker where the sun don't shine :whatev:

lol

You're so ga...., eclectic with your collection :baiting:

Wait until my auction ends and I'll shove that attitude up your candy azz.

lol

Stick your Woodpecker where the sun don't shine :whatev:

Ok

Hopefully it does half decent when it gets listed this Saturday. I don't expect US 179 or Little Lulu 261 numbers though. :(

Just remember to include that Sulipa and the Whitman community now states that it is THE rarest Whitman pre-pack comic, well ahead of those two books.

Good luck with the auction Greg. It will be interesting to see how it does. I know that the market for these books dropped last year due to a source with multiple copies popping up.

A couple of years ago I picked up almost all of the books in VG to VF condition, including US #179 for $0.50 apiece from a LCS that had them lumped in with the rest of their Disney books. It was only a FN copy but still fetched a few hundred dollars. (thumbs u