• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gold Key Sealed comics Questions--Help

47 posts in this topic

Whenever I'm at cons, I always ask the larger dealers what's selling and what are they looking for. In the past few years, a few have told me that they cannot keep high grade 1970s Gold Key and Whitman in stock. There does appear to be a solid cadre of collectors who want these books in grade, and they want their runs complete.

I would think many issues would be scarce in 9.4 or better. I suspect they weren't collected AT ALL at the time.

Interesting...

Shep

That has been the case for me as well. I was just teasing with JOECOLLECTOR a bit trying to get him to show a little love for the WHITMANS AND GOLDKEYS.

To say the majority are worth ZILCH seems a little bit of a exageration, since his contributions to the Boards are usually well researched and enlightning. I thought he was a bit off in that opinion.

I actually own a sealed Whitman Pak from 1980. This book was bundled with Battle of the Planets #8. Whitman seemed to package the Sci-fi books together apart from the cartoon books. It is a very rare book. I'd say the rarest of all the Whitmans....even Scrooge 179, Bugs 221 and Popeye 158. There were hardly any discovered in the Random House Archives collections.

I actually own a sealed Whitman Pak from 1980. This book was bundled with Battle of the Planets #8. Whitman seemed to package the Sci-fi books together apart from the cartoon books. It is a very rare book. I'd say the rarest of all the Whitmans....even Scrooge 179, Bugs 221 and Popeye 158. There were hardly any discovered in the Random House Archives collections.
Welcome to the Boards. (thumbs u

I bought a Black Hole 3-pack a few years ago for $0.75 on ebay.

It had a purple wrapper with the movie logo on it and contained 9.4-9.6 copies of 1-3....

Beautiful books. At the time there were a lot of the 3-packs for sale...

The 4th issue however...I have no idea what 3-pack it's in... and I'd like to know, because it's the only issue I need. HAHA.

I remember seeing a few on ebay, but they go fast, mostly in 40-50 range, I think. That's for VF/NM+ books

I wish I knew what pack issue 4 was in as well. As for seeing them on ebay for 40-50 dollars.....that has not been my experience, I would gladly pay double that and more all day long for that issue. Very tuff to locate!!!!