• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mmmm... Punisher. (plus some NYX info)

19 posts in this topic

In my email box, from Marvel today:

Finally, don't forget to check your orders on PUNISHER #33 ... Garth Ennis relaunches the PUNISHER in January 2004 as a MAX book, but before that he sends the current series off with style with a tour de force story arc featuring Spider-Man, Wolverine and Daredevil forming a posse to take Frank Castle down once and for all.

Mmmm... MAX Punisher... smile.gif Two great tastes that taste great together...

Also got a link to the full story from NYX #1... Looks surprisingly good although I suspect it will have a hard time finding an audience. If it were an indy book I could sell it very easily. But as a Marvel comic it will be a tough sell. Despite the connections to the X-Men, it's primarily a story about what it's like to be a teenaged girl, and "fan service" aside (to borrow a term from Manga) it may be tough to push-sell. The trials and tribulations of being sixteen and female aren't exactly the favorite fare of Marvel's fanbase.

You may get some Josh middleton followers picking Nyx 1 up...

I really enjoyed it. And I like the art... I just question whether it can find an audience without them resorting to Wolverine cameos every other issue...

I'd post a page for your viewing pleasure, but Diamond and Marvel might be a wee bit chapped if I did...

Finally, don't forget to check your orders on PUNISHER #33 ... Garth Ennis relaunches the PUNISHER in January 2004 as a MAX book, but before that he sends the current series off with style with a tour de force story arc featuring Spider-Man, Wolverine and Daredevil forming a posse to take Frank Castle down once and for all.

If they "take him down" then there wont be a #33. confused-smiley-013.gif

Thanks for the info Lighth.

I'm not very interested on Punisher (and it's 793 new series,lol) but the NYX looks great...i'm longing for it, i like very much Jsh M. art...do any of you know what will be done to the project "Sky Between Branches"? It looked so promising...Sigh.... crazy.gif

There's a difference between forming a posse to take him down and actually succeeding in the task. Early word on the street is that Punisher kills both Spidey and Wolverine, permanently, setting the stage for Ghost Rider to retake his place as Marvel's flagship character...

Remember, you heard it here first.

There's a difference between forming a posse to take him down and actually succeeding in the task. Early word on the street is that Punisher kills both Spidey and Wolverine, permanently, setting the stage for Ghost Rider to retake his place as Marvel's flagship character...

27_laughing.gif I heard it was going to be Black Goliath.

Very Fine + looking page....and any comic that can work the word "slut" into the storyline gets a thumbs up from me. thumbsup2.gif

I decided not to post the page with gratuitous fan service... Didn't want greggy getting too excited... tongue.gif

Awwww, fer chrissake!!! mad.gif

SPOILER WARNING!

sign-funnypost.gifsign-funnypost.gifsign-funnypost.gif

O.o

what's Nyx's connection to the X-Men?

An X in the Name

tongue.gif

Lead character is a mutant, just discovering her powers... There will be some early connections to a couple of X-Men, but word is it will be on the "namedrop" level rather than the "cheesy cameo to sell books" level.

O.o

what's Nyx's connection to the X-Men?

An X in the Name

tongue.gif

Lead character is a mutant, just discovering her powers... There will be some early connections to a couple of X-Men, but word is it will be on the "namedrop" level rather than the "cheesy cameo to sell books" level.

I give it 4 issues before the cheap cameo happens