• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ok, gonna' take a look at a collection...

71 posts in this topic

Oh, yeah. Loved the prospect of maybe finding an Action 1 or a Marvel Mystery 1 as my brother did say 30's and '40's and the guy said he had Marvel comics and Superman. I'm a realist and realized....yeah sure, fat chance of that happening. But, it was tough to concentrate on work today wondering what I'll find.

Still looking forward to seeing what else he has.

I'll keep you all informed.

Ok, here's what was in the colleciton. He was reading .12 and .15 cent cover prices and thought those were the comics from the '40's. I pointed out how to destiquish the age by looking at the bottom of the first page and pointed out those comics were from the '70's or therebouts.

So, the most valuable comic in the collection was an Amazing Spider-Man 91 in about VF+ condition. There were some Sgt. Fury's in mostly VG - VG+ condition. A few modern $1.00 books like GI Combat, a few Weird War and Sgt. Rock...all .60 cent cover price. Also a small run of Atlas comics (Lomax, Planet of Vampires, Phoenix, & Wulf. Most of the moderns were in at least VF+ or better.

All in all I gave him a price I was willing to pay. Alot less than guide, but more than what a comic shop would give. If he would have turned me down, I would have walked. So, considering he accepted the offer and I wasn't willing to pay any more, it was a good deal for both of us. The only book that really interested me was the Spider-Man 91.

What I didn't take was some modern independents, some 12 - 20 cover Walt Disney Stories, Donald Duck....all mostly in VG or worse....well read stuff. Not sure what this stuff is worth, but it just didn't interest me.

He did say he has a stack of Superman comics he has yet to show me and will call me when he hast them at the house...but...not too exited at this point.

He also had records in pretty decent shape....78's. LP's out of the 60's. NOt sure what this stuff is worth (if anything) but I will let my buddy Doug Sulipa know to see if hes' interested in buying any of this stuff.

He did say he has some baseball cards like circa "Mickey Mantle". Have no idea what that stuff would be worth...as I'm not in tune with cards. He's gonna show these to me the next time I come by to look at the rest of the comics.

All in alll....a bit dissapointing. But from what I read on the forum....they usually are.

Sounds like it wasn't a total disaster.

Ok, here's what was in the colleciton. He was reading .12 and .15 cent cover prices and thought those were the comics from the '40's. I pointed out how to destiquish the age by looking at the bottom of the first page and pointed out those comics were from the '70's or therebouts.

So, the most valuable comic in the collection was an Amazing Spider-Man 91 in about VF+ condition. There were some Sgt. Fury's in mostly VG - VG+ condition. A few modern $1.00 books like GI Combat, a few Weird War and Sgt. Rock...all .60 cent cover price. Also a small run of Atlas comics (Lomax, Planet of Vampires, Phoenix, & Wulf. Most of the moderns were in at least VF+ or better.

All in all I gave him a price I was willing to pay. Alot less than guide, but more than what a comic shop would give. If he would have turned me down, I would have walked. So, considering he accepted the offer and I wasn't willing to pay any more, it was a good deal for both of us. The only book that really interested me was the Spider-Man 91.

What I didn't take was some modern independents, some 12 - 20 cover Walt Disney Stories, Donald Duck....all mostly in VG or worse....well read stuff. Not sure what this stuff is worth, but it just didn't interest me.

He did say he has a stack of Superman comics he has yet to show me and will call me when he hast them at the house...but...not too exited at this point.

He also had records in pretty decent shape....78's. LP's out of the 60's. NOt sure what this stuff is worth (if anything) but I will let my buddy Doug Sulipa know to see if hes' interested in buying any of this stuff.

He did say he has some baseball cards like circa "Mickey Mantle". Have no idea what that stuff would be worth...as I'm not in tune with cards. He's gonna show these to me the next time I come by to look at the rest of the comics.

All in alll....a bit dissapointing. But from what I read on the forum....they usually are.

Sounds like it wasn't a total disaster.

If theres any mifd low grade comics you don't care for just put em' in a FS thread and they will go.

PS if there are any SA Marvels mid-low whatever. Shoot me a PM with a list if you want to sell.