• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEW POLL - PGM X-MEN # 1 (Sid's Luncheonette)

X-MEN # 1  

171 members have voted

1. 1. X-MEN # 1

23 posts in this topic

Having garnered an excellent volume of responses for my DD #1 and TOS #39, i thought that i'd try it again.

This is another of my Original Purchases but is one of only a handful that I didn't purchase at Sid's. for reasons which still escape me, both X-men #1 and Avengers #1 never made it to Sid's.

I picked this copy up at a candy store in Chatham, NJ while working on a Rug delivery truck during the summer of 1963...........not sure how it made it home ok as i likely read it in the truck during lunch..... :o

X_men_1_front.jpg

X_men_1_back.jpg

I gave it an 8.5 due to fuzzy spine corner and top edge wear and chip. Plus, it has the same circular stain on the top edge back cover as the Daredevil 1. hm

good catch - not sure what happened to those two books. about the only time they were ever stored close to one another might have been when i had them in 4Mil Mylar sleeves with punch holes in a ringed binder for Key issues....... (shrug)

and with those the opening is on the side of the sleeve by the hole punches - go figure...........

Nice book Harry - just how does an old frat like you remember this stuff??? :baiting:

There may be just a tad too much spine wear for CGC to give this an 8.0 . . . hm but after seeing that SNE got an 8.0 on its STA #1, I dunno . . . :grin:

*btw with this post, I believe I just passed october(fire) . . .

Nice book Harry - just how does an old frat like you remember this stuff??? :baiting:

There may be just a tad too much spine wear for CGC to give this an 8.0 . . . hm but after seeing that SNE got an 8.0 on its STA #1, I dunno . . . :grin:

*btw with this post, I believe I just passed october(fire) . . .

David; it's genuinely funny how one tends to remember only certain snippets from their past.

but i have been blessed with a very good memory. and since comics were a big part of my youth, I tend to remember much about my collection.......... :grin:

Harry, nice book. I see it like this, 9.0 FC / 7.5 BC. So it's a tossup between an overall grade of 8.0 and 8.5 And I am leaning towards 8.0 because of that BC top edge.

That BC sure is a puzzler when compared to your other books. Inks on the FC are fantastic though.

Ze-

I went with 8.5 on this one. Great book, and nice story about purchasing it off the rack. I'm a little younger, but I definitely remember buying 20¢ and 25¢ comics off the spinner racks in gas stations and drug stores. It was so nice to get a fistful of comics for a buck!