• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COMIC BOOK TOP LOADERS

49 posts in this topic

What's to understand? The side rails prevent the comic from being bent.

I'm not trying to be cute, but isn't that what the mylar and full back is for? I mean, I don't TRY to cause my books harm, and any protection can be breached if you try hard enough. but for the occasional drop...current mylar/fb packaging are all I need.

I'm not trying to be cute, but isn't that what the mylar and full back is for?

I don't care if you use them or not.... :baiting:

Why not? I'm setting all of the trends in comic protection these days :baiting:

I'm not trying to be cute, but isn't that what the mylar and full back is for?

I don't care if you use them or not.... :baiting:

Why not? I'm setting all of the trends in comic protection these days :baiting:

:whatev:

Mylar/Fullback/Top Loader

Great combo (thumbs u

AT25LOK.jpg

when used like this, they're great, plus I also use the oversized magazine ones for my GA books that I love, but aren't worth the price of slabbing. just extra protection for the corners and spine. they are a little cloudy though and not near as clear as a Mylar,. but that's the trade off for the added protection.

I'd like to do a few "homemade slabs" like this for some better books, but my concern is that they are not archival and gasses may leech through the interior mylar. Are the top loaders they sell these days archival?

My experience from years ago was they were made of cheap PVC... literally left an oily film on anything they touched.

BTW, will the magazine size fit over the Super GA Mylite2s with fullback?

This thread is nearly two years old, and I'm wondering if there are any new thoughts on top loaders. I've been using them in conjunction with mylite 2 bags and full back boards for those comics I enjoy looking at the most. They help ensure that I don't damage the books. However, I'm wondering if the fact that they aren't acid free is something to worry about.

I don't use them for long-term storage. I DO however use them when transporting expensive books for signatures at shows. Ever been to a really crowded show like NYCC or SDCC? It can be tough to move around freely. It's not unheard of for people to walk straight into the bag of books you're carrying. I'd hate for an accident like that to result in a major grade drop.

Most of the sketches I get done are fine in bags and boards, but if I drop a lot of coin on a sketch or I have a key issue that I'm getting signed, here's the layout:

Book goes into a window bag/board

That goes into a slightly large bag with no window to prevent scratching or accidental marks.

The whole thing rides safely in a top loader.

May sound a little extreme, but I've never had a grade drop (thumbs u