• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toronto ComiCON - Sunday OCTOBER 21, 2007 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre

92 posts in this topic

Updated dealer list:

4ever Comix

All New Comics

Conspiracy Comics

Cyclone Comic Books

Dragon Lady

General Comics

James Armstrong

Kevthemev Comics & OA

Kewl Collectibles

Kool Kollectibles

Major Comics

Mannish Mistry

Mister Comics

MTC Canstar

Myths Legends and Heroes

Pendragon

Red Nails/Blue Ribbon

Strange Worlds

The Comic Doctor

The D.O.C.

Unknown Worlds

Wyldstar

Guests and Artists Alley:

Agnes Garbowska

Beach Studios (Jim Su)

Cliff Chiang

Digital Kontent

DMF Comics (Jason Park)

J Torres

Matthew Clark

Pretty Good Comics (Shane Heron)

Richard Zajac

Vatche Mavlian

Never seen shrimp in a street meat hot dog!

Salad is dangerous!

Gotta say salad would be one of the least dangerous foods out there. Nevertheless, enjoy your mystery meat! (thumbs u

....and see ya in a couple days... :shy:

Andy

Actually... salad can be tolerable. Try finding a salad dressing that doesn't have soya in it... it's not easy! Also, I have to be wary of authentic caesar salad because it has anchovies (i.e. fish) in it. Not to mention I have to avoid radishes & cucumbers and hope they don't put pine nuts on it. See how it can get messy? When I was younger (i.e. under 10) plain old lettuce used to make me bleed internally. Thankfully it doesn't do that any more but it's better if they use spinach leaves.

It's really not easy being allergic to everything except meat, potatoes and rice.

So a few rat hairs and unwanted animal parts don't bother me in the least. Mystery street meat hot dogs are made up of mammal meat and at the worst insects. It would be a mean feat for a fish, shellfish or peanuts to get in there so I'm okay with it.

WE REGRET TO INFORM YOU THAT A LAST-MINUTE PERSONAL SITUATION HAS COME UP AND CLIFF CHIANG WAS UNABLE TO CATCH HIS FLIGHT THIS AFTERNOON. HE HAS AGREED TO COME TO A FUTURE EVENT, SCHEDULE-PERMITTING.

Since I'm going to be in NY in a few weeks I'm going to try and meet up with Cliff when I am there and get my books signed, so I'm offering my services to those who were hoping to get their books signed by him this weekend for Signature Series. Give me your books at the show tomorrow and I'll get them done for you when I'm in New York for the National.

The show was what you'd expect for a $5 entrance fee. Mind you, if they charged $10, I would nearly have been upset. I was very happy with one pickup in particular, G. I. Combat #93 CGC 7.5 for $140. Priced at double guide, but I was as pleased as punch to get it. The only other good thing about this show was Cyclone Comics. John brought some decent older books, and a nice selection of DC war books. Willing to negotiate on price and a genuinely all-around nice guy. His brother was just okay. lol:jokealert:

All in all, thanks for putting on the show!

andy