• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toronto ComiCON - Sunday OCTOBER 21, 2007 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre

92 posts in this topic

The show was what you'd expect for a $5 entrance fee. Mind you, if they charged $10, I would nearly have been upset. I was very happy with one pickup in particular, G. I. Combat #93 CGC 7.5 for $140. Priced at double guide, but I was as pleased as punch to get it. The only other good thing about this show was Cyclone Comics. John brought some decent older books, and a nice selection of DC war books. Willing to negotiate on price and a genuinely all-around nice guy. His brother was just okay. lol:jokealert:

All in all, thanks for putting on the show!

andy

:acclaim:

Overall I'm pretty happy with how things went at the show yesterday. I was disappointed about Chiang not being able to make it, but I hope everything is okay now. Matthew Clark was AWESOME! A great guy, a great guest and he seemed very happy with the show. He sold a LOT of original art, so thank you to the fans and collectors that came out to see him and made his visit to Toronto a great one!

Between 11:30 and 4:30 the room was humming with bin-diving and talk about comics... I was very surprised at the amount of product leaving the room. When I was on door duty between 3:30 and 4:30 people were walking out with long boxes of comics and big bags filled to capacity. I think if you were there looking for cheap books from a wide variety of titles published from 1980 to present you were definitely getting your collecting needs met. If you were going in with specific needs you were probably less satisfied, but as I wrote in my LJ this morning, sometimes making that dealer contact and telling them what you are looking for may pay off in the long run when they get home and check their inventory or get new collections in.

I was surprised to see so few sellers with graphic novels, but I think the 2-3 dealers that did bring them did do well.

Attendance was consistant with most one-day shows I've been to or put on in the fall. Sure, I think we all wish it was higher, but it was not a disappointment and I want to thank everyone that came out.

Next one's February 3rd!

Overall I'm pretty happy with how things went at the show yesterday. I was disappointed about Chiang not being able to make it, but I hope everything is okay now. Matthew Clark was AWESOME! A great guy, a great guest and he seemed very happy with the show. He sold a LOT of original art, so thank you to the fans and collectors that came out to see him and made his visit to Toronto a great one!

Between 11:30 and 4:30 the room was humming with bin-diving and talk about comics... I was very surprised at the amount of product leaving the room. When I was on door duty between 3:30 and 4:30 people were walking out with long boxes of comics and big bags filled to capacity. I think if you were there looking for cheap books from a wide variety of titles published from 1980 to present you were definitely getting your collecting needs met. If you were going in with specific needs you were probably less satisfied, but as I wrote in my LJ this morning, sometimes making that dealer contact and telling them what you are looking for may pay off in the long run when they get home and check their inventory or get new collections in.

I was surprised to see so few sellers with graphic novels, but I think the 2-3 dealers that did bring them did do well.

Attendance was consistant with most one-day shows I've been to or put on in the fall. Sure, I think we all wish it was higher, but it was not a disappointment and I want to thank everyone that came out.

Next one's February 3rd!

The show was a bit more crowded than I thought it would be (a beautiful sunny October day plus part of a major road infrastructure closed for 'maintenance' may have changed a few minds). And, as Kev mentioned, I was surprised at how comic book focused it was from a dealer standpoint. I was able to pick up a bunch of nice books that I wanted (including a sweet Thor #337 and the two Dr Strange issues by Paul Smith for $1.00 each!) and bought a nice splash from Matthew Clark. I was disappointed at first when I heard that Cliff Chiang had to cancel but Matthew was AWESOME! He was doing some kick-ssa sketches and telling some cool stories. And his artwork must have been very reasonably priced because pieces seemed to be flying out of his portfolios.

Just wanted to thank Kev and Tiz for putting on a good show and for allowing me to hang out on Sunday. I enjoyed myself and in the end that is all that really matters.

i love the comic only shows, good job kevin! i was able to get four of my "grails" so im happy. i cant afford the high grade but was thrilled to get a green lanten 76, all star western 10, justice league 21 and our army at war 151!! all solid vg+ and i paid a total of 130 dollars

i love the comic only shows, good job kevin! i was able to get four of my "grails" so im happy. i cant afford the high grade but was thrilled to get a green lanten 76, all star western 10, justice league 21 and our army at war 151!! all solid vg+ and i paid a total of 130 dollars

Great job! (worship):applause: (thumbs u

Andy