• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speaking of Comics-Quest

3 posts in this topic

Perry White on the cover of Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #12. (About 17 years after first appearing in Superman #7)

Dang, didn't even get a special mention for my unique answer!

Then just read through a zillion posts in the Congrats to Hulkie thread and found no real discussion of the correct answer or my answer.

So I wanna know, did I actually come up with a semi-legit and unique answer and get ripped off by not getting at least a "Nice Try, Better Luck Next Time" award? smile.gif

Was Perry White on any comics covers in the intervening 17-year period between his intro in S#7 and his cover app on SPJO #12? Come on, shoot me down with a cover in there somewhere.

I was browsing the DC Indexes website and the Photo-Journal (small pics for this sort of thing!) looking for any other PW covers but couldn't spot any before SPJO #12 which I thought was pretty amazing. Not quite as amazing as the "correct" answer though. smile.gif

The question begins "What major DC character..."

You lose right there! Sorry confused-smiley-013.gif

Perry White was introduced 60 years ago and is a DC icon every bit as important to the Superman mythos as is Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen. That was major enough I thought. Plus I imagined that the use of the word "character" was a clue that it wasn't a "superhero". Guess not!

But still, the question remains to be confirmed by the comic cover historians... did Perry actually go 17 years without a cover app?

Poor guy. You'd think being an editor would have given Perry some pull in getting his pic on a cover sooner. insane.gif