• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is your normal practice of submitting comics to CGC

2 posts in this topic

So far what I have sent in to CGC for grading have been comics from my own collection. Books that I have bought over the years. I've only sent in one book that I bought from ebay so far. Only because it was in such nice shape. Most of my collection of comics are in great shape so I plan on sending a lot in to CGC. I've a lot of key issues and some nice old stuff that needs to be slabbed yet. Too costly to send in at once. Got to do it over time. But normally what I send in is from my old collection.

I know a lot of you buy old raw books from ebay, unslabbed books. I was wondering, how many of you send those raw books in for slabbing right away. Or do you read um, hold on to them for a while and then send hem in? Or do any of you send in just from your own collection? Or both; from your collection and ones just aquired raw unslabbed. And why? Just would like to hear some of your reasons for what you have slabbed or not. Whats your normal practice of sending books in to be slabbed?

Most of the books that I've had graded so far have been in my collection for at least 5-10 years. I do occasionally pick up raw books for the sole purpose of getting them graded but that works best if the books can be viewed in person. Ebay sucks usually for accurately graded raw books so I usually pay good $$ for books that I won't mind keeping in my collection! thumbsup2.gif