• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jack Kirby art day X 2!

21 posts in this topic

Hey Steve,

Excellent pages, as always! I'm so glad I'm not the only one here who enjoys Kirby so much.

I don't have any pages to share, but I finally ordered the Fourth World Omnibus Vols. 1 and 2. This has always seemed a bit incomprehensible to me, so I'm hoping that by reading them in the order they were published will make more sense. I think part of the problem in the past has been that I've skipped around a lot due to not owning all the issues. I know that the fourth world stuff is love it or hate it for many people, so we'll see. Vol. 2 arrived yesterday - Vol. 1 will be here tomorrow so I can start digging in.

Jim, I have the Fourth World Omnibus 1 (will be picking up 2 this weekend as well as my Amazing Adventures/Fantasy Omnibus).

I found the Omnibus to be fantastic. I'd only read a few of the Fourth World titles previously, and not in the order they were clearly meant to be read in, and found them lacking. The Omnibus COMPLETELY changed my mind about the storyline and content, and allows me to see the "big picture" of Jack's vision so much better. It really is an amazing piece of work so far (can't wait to read Volume 2) and I have a whole new appreciation for a story arc and body of work I never really "got" before.

Let me know if you have a similar experience or not. I know some people to read the Omnibus and still said meh