• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jack Kirby art day X 2!

21 posts in this topic

Have been meaning to post these. I have a third piece that I recently acquired, but don't have a good image of it at the moment, will post in the future when I do! (thumbs u

First up, Thor 152, action battle page vs the Destroyer. As a kid, I thought the Destroyer was the be-all, end-all Thor villain. I guess I still do! :cloud9:

thor152p2d.jpg

Machine Man #7. I nice example of Kirby's late-1970s work at Marvel. I always thought Machine Man was a great character who typified Jack's work at that time.

jkmm7p14.jpg

They are both perfect Kirby examples but that Thor page just sings for me...I could look at that for hours and not run out of finding new things to love about it.

C

Steve --

Great, great stuff. I remember seeing your Thor page on a couple websites and found myself tempted even though it has NO place in my collecting focus!

Also, let's celebrate the panel pages! I collect them (and splashes) and find a good action page to be a thrill that covers can't provide.

Good show !

Dan :applause:

Hey Steve,

Excellent pages, as always! I'm so glad I'm not the only one here who enjoys Kirby so much.

I don't have any pages to share, but I finally ordered the Fourth World Omnibus Vols. 1 and 2. This has always seemed a bit incomprehensible to me, so I'm hoping that by reading them in the order they were published will make more sense. I think part of the problem in the past has been that I've skipped around a lot due to not owning all the issues. I know that the fourth world stuff is love it or hate it for many people, so we'll see. Vol. 2 arrived yesterday - Vol. 1 will be here tomorrow so I can start digging in.