• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chasing a war comic collection from the 70s

53 posts in this topic

Want the seller's email if I pass on them?

If you ever need help buying collections (dollar wise) let me know. I am local and would be willing to go in on larger purchases if the deal is right.

You had started a thread a while back with a guy who mis-spelled all his books... "Iran Man". Well, I contacted him and he has quite a little collection! He wants insane prices... but I figure he'll be changing his tune once no-one bites. I told him I'd take everything and he has emailed me a few times...see what happens I guess (shrug)

Keep it in mind.

John (thumbs u

Want the seller's email if I pass on them?

If you ever need help buying collections (dollar wise) let me know. I am local and would be willing to go in on larger purchases if the deal is right.

You had started a thread a while back with a guy who mis-spelled all his books... "Iran Man". Well, I contacted him and he has quite a little collection! He wants insane prices... but I figure he'll be changing his tune once no-one bites. I told him I'd take everything and he has emailed me a few times...see what happens I guess (shrug)

Keep it in mind.

John (thumbs u

I had contacted him as well, but I was pretty turned off by his random high prices and overall lack of knowledge. I kept asking him what he has, and he kept repeating "everything" just ask... then I'd ask... and he would say he didn't have it...

I'll keep you informed of future deals I may have in progress, just don't shoot the middle man.

So this is how GREGGY Commanded top post on these boards. I think he has 10 responses of one word at this point. In this thread alone!!! : :o

Put them all together in one sentence, maybe there is a hidden message.

With all the calls/emails this guy is going to start getting, you could be sure the price just doubled!!! doh!

The guy selling the Iran Man books? I posted it as I thought it was funny and I had already decided to pass on it so I wasn't too concerned about other people going for them. The current bronze war collection is from a different person. He emailed me so not sure if he is advertising his books anywhere.

With all the calls/emails this guy is going to start getting, you could be sure the price just doubled!!! doh!

The guy selling the Iran Man books? I posted it as I thought it was funny and I had already decided to pass on it so I wasn't too concerned about other people going for them. The current bronze war collection is from a different person. He emailed me so not sure if he is advertising his books anywhere.

Nah not the "Iran Man" guy...lol

I meant the War books... if he starts getting many emails, the price is sure to go up! You gotta jump on them fast before the calls start getting in to him.

There was a best buy thread a little while back. I once answered an ad to a woman with 8+ longs for sale. All bronze to copper. She hadn't rec'vd any calls "yet". I asked what she had and she told me that they were a friend of her husbands who had collected for years. I asked how old the husband was and was told he was 45. I did the math, told her to hold on and I'd be right down (1.5 hr drive) and was there the next evening.

I arrived to find 8.5 longs. The boxes were a little tattered, but the bounty inside was plentiful. Runs of all the major Marvel titles, DC and some silver thrown in for good measure. The average grade on the bronze/copper looked to be min 8.0 for the best part.

I asked how much (I was already told) and she said: "Well, I was going to ask $100 for them all, but I have gotten about 30 calls in the last 24hrs. So I am thinking that $140 would do it."

I gave her the $140 without hesitation and an extra $20 to her friend for helping with the loading! (thumbs u

I guess what I am trying to say is; there are hundreds of people scouring the same ads we are. If you want to get in on some action, you can't hesitate or it will be gone... or double in price!

Good luck with the hunt (it's the best fun of it all).

John (thumbs u