• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unfortunate Circumstance.....

41 posts in this topic

Due to unforseen problems with family I need to sell all my comics and comic collectibles. Does anyone know anyone (dealer or private)that can handle a collection my size? It will include all art pieces displays etc.... I have over 11800 comic and 17 pieces of OA/statues/auto/TPB's/HC's and more. I know that with time constraints and sellign a whole collection I wont realise value but being worth more than 100k I am expecting 20-30k our of it. My collection was a private collection kept in a smoke free home in new bags &boards and has less than 50 doubles throughout. I have an excel list of the books although not all are on there because I use CPG and I have many books not yet in their database.

Some of the Original art included(8 pieces are framed) :

DD 91 pg17

Walking Dead issue 11 pg3, pg9

Walking Dead 2 Page Splash 11 pg20-21

Walking Dead 32 pg 17,18

Savage Sword of Conan 132 pg 43

Smallville 5 pg14

Hard Time 1 pg10,14

JLA 89 pg6,8

100 girls 1 pg22

Y Last Man 39 pg13

Flash 1 million pg 17

Action Comics 755 pg22

Man of Steel 101 pg20

I also have this on ebay at a 20k start price. You can contact me at 317-908-9066 if you have a serious inquiry.

Comic Collection

Best of luck to you, Mr. A. You've been a great contributor over at CPG. Hope things work out for you and you'll be back. :foryou:

PS, you might consider identifying where you are located, in case someone is interested in seeing your collection in person.

From what I can see I think you would be lucky to get $5k for it all.

Selling as a collection is just so hard, best case scenario would be to part it out, but sadly sometimes time does not permit.

Yes.

Take the time to list them by title, at least runs that have Silver-Age books in them.

A fellow boardie just got 'killed' the other month selling his huge collection all at once.

I think it went for $1.60 per book,

People will only bid 10 cents on the dollar for huge collections from a "2" feedback seller.

:(

From what I can see I think you would be lucky to get $5k for it all.

Selling as a collection is just so hard, best case scenario would be to part it out, but sadly sometimes time does not permit.

Yes.

Take the time to list them by title, at least runs that have Silver-Age books in them.

A fellow boardie just got 'killed' the other month selling his huge collection all at once.

I think it went for $1.60 per book,

People will only bid 10 cents on the dollar for huge collections from a "2" feedback seller.

:(

I've already given this same advice. The seller has based his value calculation ($100k) based on NM value (and I seriously doubt it's all NM) on CPG, which to begin with is probably in error. $1.60 a book? No way. As others have said, you need to break this up and sell slowly to maximize value. In bulk, this collection has mostly books that are worth 5 to "maybe" 10 cents a book. But you could get far more if you sold your books as sets or runs. Then you could sell the silver age individually. Sad to say that I seriously doubt your FF 48 is worth $1200. If it's a VG it's a $120 book more likely with a retail value closer to $70 or $80 -- I'm not looking at the guide right now.

If you are in dire straits for money, I'm not saying this to be harsh, but rather as a reality check. If you need to raise money fast, then stop being delusional about the value and assess what it will really take to sell the collection. First, I'd see if there are any local major dealers who are willing to come take a look at the collection. Next, I'd start looking at who can help you sell the collection on ebay who has better feedback. Finally, if those things don't seem like something you want to do, get as many lots as you can and begin with those things to build your feedback -- then you can move onto the more valuable stuff.

The FF 48 in the pic is probably a Fine with that huge crease in the front cover... the pics are definitely an improvement, but the $80k estimate you have now adjusted it to is 'somewhat' more realistic.

This is going to be a tough sale as I said, but hopefully someone will contact you based on the ebay auction and come to look at the collection in person and then make an offer based on that.

You think full runs of Sandman/Walking Dead/Y The Last Man/Hellblazer/Mouse Guard/Marvel Zombies/Wolverine and so on got for .5 cents each there Russ? Ill buy all your full runs of those books at 40 bucks a box after I sell this auction.

But the conditions are unverified...and if they're not in high grade, they're virtually worthless. And honestly, I didn't notice most of those titles anyway, because they're lost in the endless list in the auction. (Not being snarky, just reacting the way I suspect many bidders will.)

I agree that breaking the collection up will make a LOT more sense to maximize the potential, as there is plenty of good stuff buried in there. Either way, sincere best of luck to you mate.

You think full runs of Sandman/Walking Dead/Y The Last Man/Hellblazer/Mouse Guard/Marvel Zombies/Wolverine and so on got for .5 cents each there Russ? Ill buy all your full runs of those books at 40 bucks a box after I sell this auction.

But the conditions are unverified...and if they're not in high grade, they're virtually worthless. And honestly, I didn't notice most of those titles anyway, because they're lost in the endless list in the auction. (Not being snarky, just reacting the way I suspect many bidders will.)

I agree that breaking the collection up will make a LOT more sense to maximize the potential, as there is plenty of good stuff buried in there. Either way, sincere best of luck to you mate.

Absolutely right. No verification of condition -- but let's assume NM. Yes, Walking Dead, the first 10 issues of Sandman and Y the Last Man, Mouse Guard and a few Wolverines are worth more than .5 cents

First, Wolvies aren't worth that much outside a few. Mouse Guard is, but mostly #1 first printing only, but for all the Walking Deads, it's outnumbered at least 10 to 1 by books that are worth pennies to most people.

Break it up! You will do so much better!