• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Valiant collector inventory pages -- free and helpful... hopefully.

5 posts in this topic

Not that there are a TON of Valiant collectors on these boards,

but for those of you who are collecting Valiant and haven't seen the

online inventory database before... here you go:

http://www.valiantcomics.com/valiant/collectorpoints.asp

It's similar to the CGC Registry, except it's for any NM books, not just CGC graded.

There's even a points system to see where you "rank" among collections reported.

You can view other collectors' inventories to see if they have extras of the

issues that you're missing... or you can list your extras to see if anyone

might need them. At any rate, there you go... it's free and easy...

just download the Excel spreadsheet on that page and fill in your quantities.

Just trying to keep the fun in the hobby... grin.gif

This is a really fun thing to do!! I'm at 63 right now, but that number should drop once I update a few sales I made to finance another purchase. But since I put this up I did finish my Rai run!! smile.gif

One of these days I'll be sure to send you a new list Greg, one of these days . . . crazy.gif

DAM

Hey Greg,

Good job with the new look. Now we won't have to listen to too many people complain that "variants and vvss should not be required for a complete collection" on the message boards. wink.gif

Speaking of which, I cannot believe how far the Secret Weapons #11 VVSS has dropped on eBay. Do you think this a sign of things to come for all of the VVSS books, or just a temporary phenomenon?

Cheers! wink.gif

Speaking of which, I cannot believe how far the Secret Weapons #11 VVSS has dropped on eBay. Do you think this a sign of things to come for all of the VVSS books, or just a temporary phenomenon?

Cheers! wink.gif

This is a situation where a "stack" of the books was found...

so the supply is "unlimited" as long as the stack is constantly on eBay.

In the past, a "stack" of Chaos Effect Omega Gold was found...

and the prices were low for a while on eBay (about $10 to $15),

but since then, they've gone back to the $20 to $35 range.

I think anytime a "stack" is found... there will definitely be a dip in the prices,

so the question is really "how big is the stack?" and "when did the stack run out?"

But, overall, I think the VVSS books are priced too high.

Sure, they're limited to 1,000 to 5,000 copies...

but so are most autographed books with COAs.

I don't think that there will be as many VVSS collectors as there are Valiant collectors.

And we all know the number of Valiant collectors is tiny to begin with. grin.gif