• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Sparkler # 72

10 posts in this topic

Ok last one of this weird obscure stuff but before you folks go back to grading the guys in underwear Can you please grade this comic? Bone white interior pages. Picked it up for the Tarzan story.

scan0094.jpg

scan0095.jpg

What is weird about this issue and I dont know if typical of this title but unlike the large size of other golden age comics this is about the size of a modern comic. And it is thicker about 64 pages I think

What is weird about this issue and I dont know if typical of this title but unlike the large size of other golden age comics this is about the size of a modern comic. And it is thicker about 64 pages I think

6.5...I owned a Young Allies (#16 I believe) that was similar in size to a modern as well. I don't think a smaller size was entirely unheard of for certain books. Where's Bob when you need 'em? hm

I've seen a few 1945 and later books that I thought were trimmed when I first saw them as their dimensions were much closer to moderns than early Golden Age, but came to realize that there is a wide variety of widths to books from that era - even from the same publisher and sometimes print run - quality control was almost non-existent back then.