• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC and the Competition

27 posts in this topic

hey Medicar,

i have only ever purchased a single pgx book, here are my pics of it. perhaps i was extremely unlucky as all the other board members more or less agree that it is NOT a 9.8, but the pics speak for themselves:

aod13pgx98yp5.jpg

imgp0151za7.jpg

imgp0147vd2.jpg

aod13pgxlabeleh9.jpg

i still have the book, and i still like it. but that's just my 2cents

hey Medicar,

i have only ever purchased a single pgx book, here are my pics of it. perhaps i was extremely unlucky as all the other board members more or less agree that it is NOT a 9.8, but the pics speak for themselves:

imgp0147vd2.jpg

I dunno... it's a bindery tear... I've seen CGC 9.8s with bindery tears.

I was thinking the same thing about the bindery defect. I also never would have found it if not for the large pics highlighting it, I thought it was just part of the cover image.

it was the first thing that i noticed upon receiving the slab in the mail. i thought bindery tears were limited to being on the spine itself? the little tear in the pic is just a few millimeters over from the spine, and actually on the cover! oy.

but nonetheless, as i mentioned before, i still like the book.