• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the most pleasant surprize that you've had

47 posts in this topic

I had a Blonde Phantom # 1 which I sold for over $600 a few years ago unslabbed.

Are you sure? Blonde Phantom started with #12. grin.gif

Well, then that's not it. I had a # 1, and I know that the title changed to the Blonde Phantom later in the series. I know Phantom was in the title...I'm drawing a blank.

That would make it All Select #1 - one of the (if not THE) best Schomburg WWII covers. $600? What kind of condition? If it was anything better than G/VG, the buyer could probably post his story on this thread!! 27_laughing.gif

Nah, that wasn't it...even I'm not that dumb. I just cannot think of the name of that book. I need a long weekend. foreheadslap.gif

The only CGC submissions that I've done personally were for a little stack

of Blonde Phantom's (Timely 1940s). I picked them up for $3 each at a flea market...

I got a couple CGC 6.5's... so I didn't mind a bit.

Another "pleasant surprise" happened when I bid $335 in the last minute

for the first ever Valiant CGC 10...

and wound up "top bidder" at $200. grin.gif

Don't you feel dirty. I mean.....morally you have just committed the greatest sin there is in comics. Didn't you whip out your OS and say.."I know better than you and therefore I must, by the comic code and for justice and the american way, give you full book for those comics you are selling."

You didn't.....for shame Valiant....for shame. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Wish I had that sort of luck. Great find. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Don't you feel dirty. I mean.....morally you have just committed the greatest sin there is in comics. Didn't you whip out your OS and say.."I know better than you and therefore I must, by the comic code and for justice and the american way, give you full book for those comics you are selling."

You didn't.....for shame Valiant....for shame. 893naughty-thumb.gif

This was a few years ago... I didn't own an OS... I'd never heard of Blonde Phantom,

and the seller offered me a discount!

I told him I was pretty sure $3 each was fair. 893applaud-thumb.gif