• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the Grade: Hulk 131

57 posts in this topic

:censored: Sorry man. Still a great book.

I am still a little shocked about the severe downgrade. Seeing the sweeeet inner cover made me submit it. Was hoping over an overall 9.6/double cover then straight to eBay with it. Now, I am not so sure.

this is the kind of book i would expect went through a lot of discussion in the grader's room. you gots to believe that a downgrade of that nature would have to be really well argued and defended before it went out the door like that

this is the kind of book i would expect went through a lot of discussion in the grader's room. you gots to believe that a downgrade of that nature would have to be really well argued and defended before it went out the door like that

When I spoke to the grader, he stated there was a lot of discussion. He said, "This book really put us in a ____" and couldn't finish the sentence.

I guess it proves that they assess something other than the cover. (shrug)

That's BS.

Unless the interior pages have a problem like tears or whatever then they can't or at least shouldn't down grade the entire book due to color quality of pages! That's what the notation is there for in the first place!I know i've seen an X-Men 239 or 240 (Mr Sinister cover) that was 9.8 with light tan pages.

That's BS.

Unless the interior pages have a problem like tears or whatever then they can't or at least shouldn't down grade the entire book due to color quality of pages! That's what the notation is there for in the first place!I know i've seen an X-Men 239 or 240 (Mr Sinister cover) that was 9.8 with light tan pages.

Ah, I see we have a firm grasp on the concept of grading the book, the whole book, and nothing but the book! :sumo:

I, for one, applaud the grade :golfclap:

Sure, but have it across board and lets start hitting books for QP as well.

I don't disagree with this at all, except that it shakes the foundations of the status quo, and they have always downgraded for PQ . . .

This only stands out because of the norm for a double cover, to get the grade of the interior cover (:

I, for one, applaud the grade :golfclap:

Sure, but have it across board and lets start hitting books for QP as well.

Why a book manufactured with a miswrap or bindry tear would still be a NM book coming off the presses and hitting the spinners rack.

Storage was the reason that book got dinged not QP.

No cheating, i was going to give a 8.5/9.0 based on the 1st cover.

Downgrading the book for the PQ is, btw, something i don't really understand...

I can understand that a 10.0 should have white pages, that's logical (and i'm not even sure that there isn't CGC 10.0 book with ow/w pages), but why 9.6 books with light-tan to ow pages should not exist ? Or maybe they really exist and are in fact CGC 10.0 books with light-tan pages ? Oh, my head hurts doh!

That's BS.

Yeah.

Since when is 8.5 the max grade for light tan pages?

:sumo: