• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ENTERING A NEW ERA -- Foreign Monies flowing into OA

49 posts in this topic

A key component driving sales presently, though, is the shrinking value of the dollar. With the U.S dollar currently trading at or near record lows against the Euro, the situation is not likely to improve drastically in the near term, as the Federal government is scheduled to pour nine billion new notes into circulation in the coming year – ranging from $100 on down. That’s enough to keep the Bureau of Engraving employees in Washington, D.C. and Ft. Worth, Texas occupied for three shifts, five days a week.

He also said that perhaps this era would finally put to rest the notion that interest in a particular niche, genre, or character would die out when the generation that collected it originally as children or young adults passed away

Perhaps not.

Wake me up when the Europeans get here with their bags of cash and leave with stacks of OA under their arms. zzz

He also said that perhaps this era would finally put to rest the notion that interest in a particular niche, genre, or character would die out when the generation that collected it originally as children or young adults passed away

Perhaps not.

SPIDEY ain't going anywhere! :sumo:

SUPERMAN aint going anywhere! :sumo:

BAT-MAN aint going anywhere! :sumo:

* only Delicatessin has the courage to engage my wit & genius. Kudos, Deli, Kudos!

Perhaps not.

Wake me up when the Europeans get here with their bags of cash and leave with stacks of OA under their arms. zzz

I've sold a ton of modern comic art to Europeans in the past 6 months. The weak dollar is definitely influincing international bidding habits on ebay. Just sayin'

Can you start freaking out and calling people your mortal enemy, please? That was my favourite thread over the past year.

'WHY WOULD YOU GET INVOLVED? YOU ARE MY ENEMY!'

Agreed! That thread was GREAT lol

Too bad it got pulled so quickly.....

Perhaps not.

I hope the dollar drops and the EURO/ POUND soars further. When we hit 25 pence to the dollar I am convinced that some Euro/Brit will gladly pay handsomely for all American art. And who can blame him,..his BUYING POWER will be amazing.

There has been an increasing influx of art leaving the country. I have had conversations with three dealers who tell me that five years ago 5-10% of their sales were international. Now it it pushing 30%. If you talk to the folks who were are San Diego this year you will hear stories of people from Europe making MAJOR purchases of art.

Hey Dingleberry,

How's that lawsuit coming?

Some people don't want to waste time on people that are inherent wastes of time(and space and air and DNA) regardless of how iron clad their legal case might be.

That and I hear he found someone who actually had the cash to buy the page, someone is isn't just hot air, and big talk, and pretty much nothing else.

So in the end he found someone real to do the deal with, someone with just one personality and that personality turned out to be an honest one. Go figure.

You can go back to counting your imaginary Euro's now. I am always here if you want to talk about the law, and your misunderstanding of it.

C

MADMAN - The last auction that I bid on and won featured the cover art to the fanzine Gosh Wow! by Berni Wrightson. My winning bid was $7500.00, which, by coincidence is the same amount that you bid on that Mcfarlane Spidey page.

Difference between you and I - I paid for my piece... when do you plan on paying for yours?

Bill