• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How important is condition to you?

73 posts in this topic

My biggest concern is page quality. I'd rather have a VG comic with white pages than a VF comic with tan pages. The only problem is, most sellers, both online retailers and eBay, rarely mention what condition the interior pages are. It's very difficult.

I really haven't been all that concerned with page quality. I bet the majority of collectors weren't either until the first OS Grading Guide and CGC came around...

Jim

depends on how old or expensive the book is. i try to stay at at least 8.5, but if for instance, i'm buying amaz. spiderman #1, of course i'll buy a 3.0 since i probably couldn't afford higher than a 4.0 anyway. i won't buy brittle pages, and try to avoid cream as much as i can. won't buy bad mis wraps no matter what. no trimming either (other resto is ok if it's a book i can't afford non-resto).

For me there are a couple of considerations:

$$

Am I collecting the whole run or cherry picking special covers or character appearances?

As a result, my collections run the full gamut when its comes to a book's presentation.

I like my comics to look as nice as possible, but I'm a reader/completist on a budget, so compromises must be made. Even when I have standards, I usually go for presentability/tightness/overall feel as opposed to something like "VF minimum". I pay attention to grade more in asking "How much should I pay for this?" rather than, "Do I want this at all?"

I like my comics to look as nice as possible, but I'm a reader/completist on a budget, so compromises must be made. Even when I have standards, I usually go for presentability/tightness/overall feel as opposed to something like "VF minimum". I pay attention to grade more in asking "How much should I pay for this?" rather than, "Do I want this at all?"

(worship)