• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Tales of Suspense #39

38 posts in this topic

Low grade with tape and staples added. Tape on inside front cover at top edge and where there are a couple of tears mid and bottom spine. How would CGC do with this book and is it worth it to send it in? I think there is too much tape to remove it.

That is my microchamber paper. doh!

Thanks.

Dan

tos39.jpg

tos39b.jpg

People back in the day thought they were doing the right thing trying to conserve and protect their investment.....little did they know..

I would guess purple 5.0 as well.Wish it were mine!

You guys really need to do a little more studying up before you start throwing out grades and labels around here. There are a lot of viewers who actually think you know what you're talking about . . . :grin:

The book is definitely worth sending to a conservator first to see if that tape can be removed safely, then definitley submit it. Thats a great book to have no matter what condition. Don't get your hopes up about a 5.0 though.

People back in the day thought they were doing the right thing trying to conserve and protect their investment.....little did they know..

I would guess purple 5.0 as well.Wish it were mine!

You guys really need to do a little more studying up before you start throwing out grades and labels around here. There are a lot of viewers who actually think you know what you're talking about . . . :grin:

It's Non-purple, but 3.0...perhaps 2.5 on a harsher day...it's just one of those things...someone did in fact stick the tape on...o/wise still not a 4.0...

Don't get me wrong...39 this nice is worth so much more than its re-sale value...I once sold a 1.5 at double-guide but that $150 bucks has long since churned...

When you stop and think about it...the book itself is worth so much more than its so-called market value...the having it and the owning it trumps value tremendously...a fact that seems lost on so many these days...and for that matter, the inherent problem with books being encased in the first place!

Nice book!

I have a stack of that book's cousins...all with a thin line of tape, all with 3 extra staples..some of them even WOULD have been VF...until they were protected...

All Amazing Spider-Man's I bought at an auction, were I was too rushed to take the books out of the bags and missed the tape...

But they are still nice old books, the ones I'm keeping, I listed in my data base as Gd/VG, no matter how nice they were/weren't...

and I'd have grabbed your book in a second...looks very nice..for lower grade! Enjoy it...

One of the 3 Silver Age Keys, I'm missing... and (worship)Congrats!

Interesting book Dan, too bad about the placement of those staples, I imagine it really hinders opening the book for fear of creasing. And since there are no vertical reading creases were the original staples on the spine?

Was the top edge trimmed?.. or just the tape itself?

The tape itself looks to be in good shape,(could be removed easily enough) But the problem is what you are left with... I assume the covers are badly split, or separated all together? ( in other words was the tape put on to repair or prevent damage?) Over time the tape will break down and possibly affect the inks underneath so depending on your goals for the book I would get the tape removed at the least.

As is the book presents nicely overall, 2.5/3.0 sounds about right due to excessive tears, creasing and other assorted flaws.

Ze-