• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is FF # 2 a Silver age "Key" book ?

57 posts in this topic

- One of only a handfull of 10 centers

- 2nd appearance of the FF

- One of only 2 appearances without costumes

- 1st appearance of a "major villain"... I say major simply because everyone knows the skrulls and they span throughout the entire Marvel universe, across all characters at some point more or less. They've been around 50+ years pretty prominently!

- Gorgeous, vibrant yellow cover that features BOTH the FF AND the Skrulls (unlike covers that have 1st appearances that do not feature the character. Ex. Strange Tales #110 no Doctor Strange on the cover).

- It's a #2 of one of Marvel's flagship books

I don't see any argument against it.

- One of only a handfull of 10 centers

- 2nd appearance of the FF

- One of only 2 appearances without costumes

- 1st appearance of a "major villain"... I say major simply because everyone knows the skrulls and they span throughout the entire Marvel universe, across all characters at some point more or less. They've been around 50+ years pretty prominently!

- Gorgeous, vibrant yellow cover that features BOTH the FF AND the Skrulls (unlike covers that have 1st appearances that do not feature the character. Ex. Strange Tales #110 no Doctor Strange on the cover).

- It's a #2 of one of Marvel's flagship books

I don't see any argument against it

You Tell em Erndog :preach:

It's a not that important key... Kinda like ASM2 or something like that.

I always thought Spidey 2 WAS a key. hm

To me a key book means an important book, simply. Any issue that early in a series, from that long ago, is a key book. You can find hundreds of copies of almost anything relatively new, but those early SA books are tougher, just as GA books are even more rare.

I know the idea is what's so special about the issue. Well the scarcity of a book is a key factor. That to me alone makes those early issues keys. I'd call FF 1-10 key issues just for the rarity of them.

Any #2 of a popular title is a key issue, most had fewer printed, and saved.

If I had the time and money to collect lots of key books, FF #2 would definitely be in my collection. Regards,

Well the scarcity of a book is a key factor. That to me alone makes those early issues keys. I'd call FF 1-10 key issues just for the rarity of them.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

- One of only a handfull of 10 centers irrelevant

- 2nd appearance of the FF not very relevant

- One of only 2 appearances without costumes irrelevant

- 1st appearance of a "major villain"... I say major simply because everyone knows the skrulls and they span throughout the entire Marvel universe, across all characters at some point more or less. They've been around 50+ years pretty prominently! extremely relevant

- Gorgeous, vibrant yellow cover that features BOTH the FF AND the Skrulls (unlike covers that have 1st appearances that do not feature the character. Ex. Strange Tales #110 no Doctor Strange on the cover). irrelevant

- It's a #2 of one of Marvel's flagship books irrelevant

I don't see any argument against it. Neither do I. I see a lot fewer arguments for it than you do, but one is all it takes.

It's a not that important key... Kinda like ASM2 or something like that.

I always thought Spidey 2 WAS a key. hm

To me a key book means an important book, simply. Any issue that early in a series, from that long ago, is a key book. You can find hundreds of copies of almost anything relatively new, but those early SA books are tougher, just as GA books are even more rare.

I know the idea is what's so special about the issue. Well the scarcity of a book is a key factor. That to me alone makes those early issues keys. I'd call FF 1-10 key issues just for the rarity of them.

If I had the time and money to collect lots of key books, FF #2 would definitely be in my collection. Regards,

Let me think...I know I have FF 1 thru 10 somewhere... hm

140546.jpg.1e4b8a9731108e174822795ee5c13b64.jpg

FF 2 is the kind of key issue that connects #1 (major key) to #3 (less major key) and all subsequent stories, key or otherwise, that follow...

ff2.jpg

Perhaps the brightest copy I have ever seen, and by a country mile! :cloud9:

I've said this once before. It's the nicest early marvel I've ever seen on the boards. Golf clap follows :golfclap: