• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Russ Cochran's Auctions on E-Bay

4 posts in this topic

Couple of items have caught my attention on the Cochran auctions running on e-bay. I've never bid on these auctions before. Are the estimated prices on this art on target? Do the auctions run on E-bay exclusively or is there a true live auction going on at the same time (similar to Heritage)? Hidden costs besides the 15% buyers premium? I try to avoid Heritage because of the shenanigans, are the Cochran auctions a similar deal?

Appreciate any thoughts.

Mark

I have had good experiences with these auctions, typicially the estimates end up being low and during live bidding the prices sometimes go double or triple the estimates for lower pieces and slightly above for the high end ones, but there have been a few pieces that don't get into that range and there is usually a few pieces that they send out a mailer on with a buy it now that do not sell at the auction.