• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game: GOLDEN AGE BEST ARTIST SURVIVOR SERIES: Round 1

GOLDEN AGE BEST ARTIST SURVIVOR SERIES: Round 1  

300 members have voted

1. 1. GOLDEN AGE BEST ARTIST SURVIVOR SERIES: Round 1

230 posts in this topic

Per usual, the artist with the most votes will be voted off each round.

REMEMBER:

Vote for who goes, NOT who stays.

Different this time: There will be a set time to vote. It will be around 48 hours.

To limit the amount of person_without_enough_empathying, no one can see the results until then. After that, let the person_without_enough_empathying (about DC shills) begin! lol Poll will end at 1:00 AM Board Time on October 2nd.

:o I think it would help if you tell people that the vote is to take people

OFF

the list and NOT for whom they

think is the "Best Artist." As it is it is a little strange in the wording,IMHO.

Somthing like..."Vote for who goes, NOT who stays."

Per usual, the artist with the most votes will be voted off each round.

REMEMBER:

Vote for who goes, NOT who stays.

Different this time: There will be a set time to vote. It will be around 48 hours.

To limit the amount of person_without_enough_empathying, no one can see the results until then. After that, let the person_without_enough_empathying (about DC shills) begin! lol Poll will end at 1:00 AM Board Time on October 2nd.

:foryou: Thank you, and yes I have voted.

I voted Frazetta because though his stuff is great, he did`nt do a lot of books in this age.

I figure Frezetta and kirby will be on bronze and silver age lists too, where they should have shots at the top spot. (thumbs u

To the best of my knowledge, virtually all of Frazetta's work was precode (with the exception of some covers for Warren books). If there's going to be a separate Atom Age thread then I would vote for him there, otherwise, if this thread includes all precode books then Frazetta definitely belongs here.

I`m sure he`ll survive.

I have his johnny comett book of the comic strips and i`ve seen some great GA stuff.

I`ll take your word for it on the body of work in the golden age i thought i read somewhere he did`nt do many comic books in that age.

I have a feeling name reconition is going to rule this vote anyway so he`ll be okay.

I think the golden age collectors are going to have to help some of us out though. (thumbs u

I think the key to the Frazetta thing is that he didn't do many books at all. The EC and Famous Funnies covers are the major GA/AA things he's remembered for, but he did do the first issue of Thunda as well as some back-up stories for DC, Nedor and other publishers. He's obviously much better known for his paintings than his comic work.

I don't know who three-quarters of these people are, much less have the capability to choose the best or worst as the case may be.

Me either. doh!

How about google searching some of the guys work

How about putting it in the GA Thread where people actually have a clue, across the board, on this stuff.

thanks for the advice Arex. I made a notification thread in 'Gold Comics' and told them this was in Comics General.

How about google searching some of the guys work

How about putting it in the GA Thread where people actually have a clue, across the board, on this stuff.

thanks for the advice Arex. I made a notification thread in 'Gold Comics' and told them this was in Comics General.

:acclaim:

I think the key to the Frazetta thing is that he didn't do many books at all. The EC and Famous Funnies covers are the major GA/AA things he's remembered for, but he did do the first issue of Thunda as well as some back-up stories for DC, Nedor and other publishers. He's obviously much better known for his paintings than his comic work.

Thanks

You helped me realize this is`nt like our other votes,i can just pick who i think was the best artist to me with no other factors involved.

I have my favorites like frazetta and barks and a few others but i thought i`d have to discount them because someone else on the list created more characters or was more influential.

I was over thinking the whole thing. doh!

Thanks